Green Salsa Recipe

johnlloyd

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I wanted to share my go-to green salsa recipe that's always a hit at gatherings. It's super fresh, easy to make, and goes perfectly with tacos, chips, or pretty much anything. Hope you all enjoy it as much as my family does!

Ingredients:

• 1 pound tomatillos, husked and rinsed
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, peeled
  • 1-2 jalapeños, seeded (leave seeds in if you like it spicier)
  • 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • Salt to taste
Instructions:

1. Prep the tomatillos: Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the tomatillos. Cook for about 5 minutes until they're soft but not falling apart. Drain and let them cool a bit.
  2. Blend the ingredients: In a blender or food processor, combine the cooked tomatillos, onion, garlic, jalapeños, cilantro, and lime juice. Blend until smooth.
  3. Season: Taste and add salt as needed. Sometimes I throw in a bit of cumin for extra flavor.
  4. Chill: Pop the salsa in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors meld together.
    Green Salsa Recipe.jpg
That's it! Simple, right? Feel free to adjust the heat level and seasoning to your liking. Would love to hear your thoughts if you give it a try or if you have any tweaks to the recipe. Happy cooking!

Wow, this green salsa recipe looks amazing! 🌟 I love how fresh and vibrant it seems—can't wait to try it! 🌶️🥑 It’s going to be perfect for my next taco night!

This Green Salsa looks amazing! I love the fresh, zesty flavor it must bring. Can’t wait to try it with chips or as a topping for tacos. Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe! 😋

Hey everyone! I wanted to share my go-to green salsa recipe that's always a hit at gatherings. It's super fresh, easy to make, and goes perfectly with tacos, chips, or pretty much anything. Hope you all enjoy it as much as my family does!

Ingredients:

• 1 pound tomatillos, husked and rinsed
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, peeled
  • 1-2 jalapeños, seeded (leave seeds in if you like it spicier)
  • 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • Salt to taste
Instructions:

1. Prep the tomatillos: Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the tomatillos. Cook for about 5 minutes until they're soft but not falling apart. Drain and let them cool a bit.
  2. Blend the ingredients: In a blender or food processor, combine the cooked tomatillos, onion, garlic, jalapeños, cilantro, and lime juice. Blend until smooth.
  3. Season: Taste and add salt as needed. Sometimes I throw in a bit of cumin for extra flavor.
  4. Chill: Pop the salsa in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors meld together.View attachment 5141
That's it! Simple, right? Feel free to adjust the heat level and seasoning to your liking. Would love to hear your thoughts if you give it a try or if you have any tweaks to the recipe. Happy cooking!
Green salsa is always a hit! This recipe looks fresh and zesty—can’t wait to make it. Thanks for sharing! 🌶️🍈

Back