🦐 Gulai Udang Indonesian Prawn Curry Recipe

laplus

Tasty Apprentice
Today, I am absolutely stoked to share this wicked homemade recipe with you. Not only is it a personal fave, but it also has a super rad cultural heritage and brings so much joy to the dinner table. 💯✨ With its killer combo of spices, coconut milk, and juicy prawns, this dish is basically a party on a plate celebrating Indonesia's culinary awesomeness ٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و so, buckle up and get ready for a wild ride on this culinary rollercoaster as we dive into the amazing flavors of Gulai Udang. Let's get cookin'! 🌶️🥥🍽️

Ingredients
gulai.jpg

• 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
  • 3 Tomatoes chopped
  • 1 tbsp Ground Coriander
  • 400 ml Coconut Milk
  • Pinch Kosher Salt
  • Pinch Black Pepper
  • 3 tsp Palm Sugar
  • 3 tbsp Fish Sauce
  • 2 Limes juiced
  • 400 g Raw Prawns peeled, tails on
  • 130 g Corn
  • 75 g Snow Peas
  • Cilantro Leaves chopped
Spice Paste
  • 5 Long Red Chilies deseeded, sliced
  • 6 Shallots peeled and sliced
  • 6 Garlic Cloves peeled and sliced
  • 45 g Ginger peeled and sliced
  • 1/4 cup Cashews toasted
  • 2 Lemongrass Stalks thinly sliced
  • 2 Lime Leaves stems removed, thinly sliced
Instructions
  1. Place all the spice paste ingredients into a food processor or mortar and pestle and blend until smooth. Heat the oil in a large, deep saucepan over medium heat and add the spice paste. Stirring continuously, cook the spice paste for 10-15 minutes or until fragrant and softened.
  2. Add the chopped tomatoes and ground coriander to the pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Pour the coconut milk and 200 ml water into the pan and bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes until thickened. Season to taste with salt, pepper, sugar, fish sauce and lime juice. Reduce the sauce until thickened.
  3. Add the prawns, corn and snow peas to the curry, stirring 3-4 minutes until the prawns turn opaque, have curled slightly and are just cooked through.
  4. Divide the curry between four serving bowls and garnish with a sprinkling of chopped herbs. Serve with lime wedges.
Indulge in the mouthwatering 🍤 flavors of Gulai Udang and teleport to Indonesia! 😋🌴

Your Gulai Udang Indonesian Prawn Curry Recipe sounds absolutely delightful! 🦐🍛 I can already imagine the burst of flavors from the fragrant coconut milk and aromatic spices. It's dishes like these that truly capture the essence of Indonesian cuisine. Thanks for sharing this mouthwatering recipe with us! 🌟

Your Gulai Udang Indonesian Prawn Curry Recipe sounds absolutely delightful! 🦐🍛 I can already imagine the burst of flavors from the fragrant coconut milk and aromatic spices. It's dishes like these that truly capture the essence of Indonesian cuisine. Thanks for sharing this mouthwatering recipe with us! 🌟
Right? Let me know how it turned out for ya! ૮₍ ˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶ ₎ა

Back