Hashira Muichiro's Furofuki Daikon Recipe ๐ŸŒซ

Mui

Tasty Apprentice
Hello everyone, I wanted to share some recipes that favorite of my best-liked character in Demon Slayer anime, Hashira Muichiro Tokito. This recipe is thick-cut Daikon radish cooked in Dashi broth and served with seasoned Miso sauce poured on top. Recently, I made this and the taste has a hint of sweetness often with peppery notes and flavorful. You must try it especially, for those finding a new recipe that you will satisfy. ;)

Furofuki Daikon.jpg

Ingredients:

• 1 daikon (about 6 inches long)
  • 2 tablespoons rice
  • 6 cups kombu dashi (a type of Japanese soup stock)
Yuzu Miso Sauce:
  • 1/2 cup white miso paste
  • 1/4 cup mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup kombu dashi (from cooking)
  • 1/4 teaspoon grated yuzu (a citrus fruit)

Instructions:
  1. Peel the daikon and cut it into pieces about 1 1/2 inches long, with angled edges.
  2. In a pot, combine the daikon pieces and rice, and add enough water to cover the daikon. Cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 30-40 minutes until the daikon is soft. Remove the daikon from the water and rinse to remove the rice.
  3. In a large pot, add the cooked daikon pieces and kombu dashi. Simmer over medium-low heat for 20-30 minutes.
  4. While the daikon is cooking, make the yuzu miso sauce: In a small pot, combine the miso paste, mirin, sugar, and kombu dashi. Cook until the sauce thickens.
  5. Turn off the heat and stir in the grated yuzu.
  6. To serve, place a piece of daikon in a dish and pour the yuzu miso sauce over it.
Enjoy your delicious daikon dish with yuzu miso sauce! ๐Ÿคฉ

Wow, I've always been curious about trying Furofuki Daikon, especially after seeing it in Demon Slayer! Your recipe looks authentic and delicious. Thanks for sharing the ingredients and steps โ€“ definitely going to give this a try.

Hello everyone, I wanted to share some recipes that favorite of my best-liked character in Demon Slayer anime, Hashira Muichiro Tokito. This recipe is thick-cut Daikon radish cooked in Dashi broth and served with seasoned Miso sauce poured on top. Recently, I made this and the taste has a hint of sweetness often with peppery notes and flavorful. You must try it especially, for those finding a new recipe that you will satisfy. ;)

View attachment 918

Ingredients:

• 1 daikon (about 6 inches long)
  • 2 tablespoons rice
  • 6 cups kombu dashi (a type of Japanese soup stock)
Yuzu Miso Sauce:
  • 1/2 cup white miso paste
  • 1/4 cup mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup kombu dashi (from cooking)
  • 1/4 teaspoon grated yuzu (a citrus fruit)

Instructions:
  1. Peel the daikon and cut it into pieces about 1 1/2 inches long, with angled edges.
  2. In a pot, combine the daikon pieces and rice, and add enough water to cover the daikon. Cook over medium heat until it comes to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 30-40 minutes until the daikon is soft. Remove the daikon from the water and rinse to remove the rice.
  3. In a large pot, add the cooked daikon pieces and kombu dashi. Simmer over medium-low heat for 20-30 minutes.
  4. While the daikon is cooking, make the yuzu miso sauce: In a small pot, combine the miso paste, mirin, sugar, and kombu dashi. Cook until the sauce thickens.
  5. Turn off the heat and stir in the grated yuzu.
  6. To serve, place a piece of daikon in a dish and pour the yuzu miso sauce over it.
Enjoy your delicious daikon dish with yuzu miso sauce! ๐Ÿคฉ
Thanks for sharing this recipe, I can't wait to try it๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ

Wow, I've always been curious about trying Furofuki Daikon, especially after seeing it in Demon Slayer! Your recipe looks authentic and delicious. Thanks for sharing the ingredients and steps โ€“ definitely going to give this a try.

I'm glad you're excited to give Furofuki Daikon a shot! It's definitely worth trying, especially if you're a fan of Demon Slayer. Let me know how it turns out for you! Enjoy cooking and happy eating! ๐Ÿคฉ

Hashira Muichiro's Furofuki Daikon Recipe is a traditional Japanese dish featuring tender simmered daikon radish served with a flavorful dashi-based sauce, showcasing the essence of simplicity and elegance in Japanese cuisine.

Hashira Muichiro's Furofuki Daikon Recipe is a traditional Japanese dish featuring tender simmered daikon radish served with a flavorful dashi-based sauce, showcasing the essence of simplicity and elegance in Japanese cuisine.
Thanks for the reminder! ๐Ÿฝ๏ธ Furofuki Daikon is such a classic dish, isn't it? Simple yet so flavorful. Can't wait to whip it up in my kitchen again! ๐Ÿฒ

Hmm. this sounds new to me. But, I can imagine how satisfying and flavorful this dish must be, especially with the peppery notes and hint of sweetness. Thank you for sharing this unique and delightful recipe, I'm excited to give it a try! ๐Ÿฅข
You're absolutely right! @Marich This dish sounds like a symphony of flavors. The subtle sweetness from the mirin and sugar, balanced with the salty umami of the miso and dashi, must create a truly unforgettable taste experience. Can't wait to recreate it in my own kitchen!,
Thanks for sharing this @Mui :)

Back