Healthy Broccoli Cheddar Soup

Rain

Culinary Explorer
Hey guys, I want to share my recipe for Healthy Broccoli Cheddar Soup, it's a nutritious twist on the classic comfort food favorite that's perfect for cozying up on chilly days or enjoying as a light and satisfying meal any time of year. Whether you're looking to sneak more veggies into your diet or simply craving a comforting bowl of soup that won't weigh you down, this Healthy Broccoli Cheddar Soup is sure to hit the spot. So, let's get cooking and savor the goodness of this homemade soup together!
1247×1295
318 kB

Healthy Broccoli Cheddar Soup.jpg

Healthy Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe:

Ingredients:

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 carrots, diced
  • 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
  • 4 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
  • 1 cup low-fat milk or unsweetened almond milk
  • 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 2 cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • Optional toppings: chopped green onions, extra shredded cheddar cheese
Instructions:

1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
  2. Add the minced garlic and diced carrots to the pot, and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  3. Stir in the fresh broccoli florets and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the broccoli is bright green and slightly tender.
  4. Pour in the vegetable or chicken broth, and bring the mixture to a simmer. Let it cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until the vegetables are fully cooked and tender.
  5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the low-fat milk and whole wheat flour until smooth and well combined.
  6. Slowly pour the milk and flour mixture into the pot, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
  7. Continue to cook the soup for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it thickens slightly.
  8. Reduce the heat to low, and stir in the shredded low-fat cheddar cheese until melted and smooth.
  9. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste, adjusting the seasoning as needed.
  10. Remove the pot from the heat, and ladle the Healthy Broccoli Cheddar Soup into bowls.
  11. Garnish each bowl with chopped green onions and extra shredded cheddar cheese, if desired.
  12. Serve the soup hot and enjoy the creamy, cheesy goodness!

Healthy broccoli cheddar soup? 🥦🧀 Whip up a nutritious version of this classic comfort dish with plenty of veggies and light cheese for a guilt-free indulgence!

This recipe looks amazing! 😍 Love that it's packed with nutritious ingredients and still has that creamy, cheesy goodness. Can't wait to try it out on a cozy night in! Thanks for sharing this wholesome recipe! 🥦🧀

I love how this recipe offers a healthier twist on a classic favorite. It's comforting to know I can enjoy the creamy goodness of cheddar without sacrificing nutrition. Definitely adding this to my meal plan!

Back