Broccoli Cheddar Soup

Tim_05

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! πŸ₯¦ Today, I'm excited to share one of my all-time favorite recipes: Broccoli Cheddar Soup. This creamy, cheesy goodness is comfort food at its finest, and it's super easy to make! Picture tender broccoli simmered in a rich, velvety broth, with gooey melted cheddar cheese adding a deliciously indulgent touch. Trust me, this soup is guaranteed to warm your soul on chilly days! 🍲

Broccoli Cheddar Soup (1).jpg

INGREDIENTS​

• ΒΌ cup unsalted butter
  • 1 medium sweet onion, diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • Β½ teaspoon dried thyme
  • ΒΌ cup all-purpose flour
  • 3 Β½ cups chicken stock
  • 2 cups diced russet potatoes
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 5 cups finely chopped broccoli florets
  • Β½ cup heavy cream
  • 8 ounces shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese, about 2 cups

INSTRUCTIONS​

• Melt butter in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
  • Stir in garlic and thyme until fragrant, about 1 minute.
  • Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
  • Stir in chicken stock, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
  • Stir in potatoes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
  • Using a wooden spoon, mash potatoes until slightly thickened, if desired; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
  • Stir in broccoli and heavy cream. Cook, covered, until broccoli is tender, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool 2 minutes.
  • Stir in cheese, a handful at a time, until smooth, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
  • Serve immediately.

Back