Hearty Beef Chuck Stew

JulieBaker

Culinary Explorer
Hey there, fellow food enthusiasts! 👋 Today, I've got a cozy recipe that's perfect for those chilly evenings when you need a warm hug from the inside out 💓,
I know there's a lot of version of it but here's how I did it,

Beef chuck stew.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck (cubed)
  • 1 cup minced onion (optional)
  • 3 garlic cloves (minced)
  • 1 cup Burgundy wine (or cooking wine)
  • 2 cups tomato sauce
  • 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
  • 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary (minced)
  • 2 bay leaves
  • Pepper (to taste)
  • 3 - 4 large carrots (chunks)
  • 1⁄2 cup celery (sliced)
  • 1⁄2 cup frozen peas (thawed)
  • 1 - 2 large potatoes (diced)
  • 3 tablespoons flour
  • 1⁄4 cup cold water
Instructions:
  1. Alright, let's kick things off by heating up that olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Now, this might sound simple, but watch out for splatters – hot oil can be a sneaky little troublemaker! 🔥
  2. Once your oil is nice and hot (but not smoking!), toss in those cubed beef chuck pieces. Now, here's where the patience game comes into play – resist the urge to overcrowd the pot. Give those cubes some space to brown evenly. It's like a little dance of flavors happening right before your eyes! 💃
  3. As your beef is getting its golden tan on, take a moment to mince up your onion and garlic. Now, I know chopping onions can be a tear-inducing experience, but trust me, it's worth it for the flavor boost! 😅
  4. Once your beef is looking all kinds of delicious, add in those minced onion and garlic bits. Let them mingle and sauté together until they're nice and fragrant. Ah, can you smell that? It's the aroma of a culinary masterpiece in the making! 🌟
  5. Time to add a splash of sophistication to our stew – Burgundy wine! 🍷 Pour it in and let it work its magic, simmering away and infusing our dish with its rich flavor profile. Just be sure not to sneak too many sips while you're cooking – we need it for the stew! 😉
  6. Now, let's bulk up our stew with some tomato sauce and beef broth. Stir everything together until it's all cozy and acquainted in the pot. Throw in some minced rosemary and those trusty bay leaves for good measure. It's like a cozy blanket for our stew! 🌿
  7. Season with a generous pinch of pepper to taste – but be careful not to go overboard! We want flavor, not a spicy surprise. 🔥
  8. Ah, now comes the fun part – adding in our veggies! Toss in those chunky carrots, sliced celery, and thawed peas. And let's not forget about our starchy sidekick, the diced potatoes! They're like little nuggets of comfort in every bite. 🥕🥔
  9. Let your stew simmer away on the stove, filling your kitchen with the most tantalizing aromas. But here's the tricky part – resisting the urge to peek and stir every five minutes! Trust me, patience pays off in the form of a perfectly tender stew. 🕒
  10. In a small bowl, mix together the flour and cold water until smooth. This little concoction is going to help thicken up our stew and give it that luscious, velvety texture we all know and love. Slowly pour it into the pot, stirring gently to incorporate. It's like giving our stew a cozy winter coat!

And there you have it – a comforting pot of Beef Chuck Stew ready to warm your soul, Don't worry if you encountered a few bumps along the way – cooking is all about learning and having fun 💓
I hope you'll try my recipe, I would love to here any suggestion or tips you can give, Thanks!

Oh, this sounds like the perfect comfort food for a cozy night in! 🥘🔥 Can't wait to whip up a batch and warm up with a hearty bowl of beef chuck stew. Thanks for sharing the recipe! 🍲✨

Adding Burgundy wine will definitely make this recipe a winner. I want to try this, I hope my family will like it too.
Hi! I agree, burgundy wine adds a rich depth of flavor to beef stew. It's a personal favorite of mine too. I'm sure your family will love it just as much as mine does 🥰

Back