Hearty Beef Stew

johnlloyd

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone!
I wanted to share one of my all-time favorite recipes for a comforting and hearty Beef Stew that's perfect for dinner, especially on chilly evenings. It's a dish that's been passed down in my family for generations, and it never fails to warm both the body and soul. Here's how to make it:
Ingredients:
  • 1 ½ pounds beef stew meat, cubed
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 large onion, diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
  • 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 2 celery stalks, sliced
  • 4 cups beef broth
  • 1 cup red wine (optional)
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
  • 1 cup frozen peas
    1711844328274.jpeg
Instructions:
  1. Start by seasoning the cubed beef with salt and pepper, then coat it in flour.
  2. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the beef cubes and cook until browned on all sides. Remove the beef from the pot and set it aside.
  3. In the same pot, add diced onions and minced garlic. Cook until softened and fragrant.
  4. Return the browned beef to the pot, along with sliced carrots, diced potatoes, and sliced celery.
  5. Pour in beef broth and red wine (if using), then add bay leaves, dried thyme, and dried rosemary.
  6. Bring the stew to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 1 ½ to 2 hours, or until the beef is tender and the vegetables are cooked through.
  7. About 10 minutes before serving, stir in frozen peas and let them heat through.
  8. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
  9. Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley if desired.
This Beef Stew is not only delicious and satisfying but also incredibly versatile. You can customize it by adding your favorite vegetables or herbs. Plus, it's perfect for making ahead of time and reheating for a quick and easy meal during busy weekdays. I hope you give it a try and enjoy it as much as my family does!
Happy cooking!

Hearty Beef Stew - the ultimate comfort food! This recipe is like a warm hug on a chilly day. With tender chunks of beef, hearty vegetables, and rich savory broth, it's a bowl of pure coziness.

Back