Help! My apple fritters always end up soggy—any tips?

Popsickle

Novice Foodie
Help, frying pros! 🍳😩 Every time I make apple fritters, they turn out soggy instead of crispy. 😔 Any tricks or techniques to ensure a perfect, crunchy texture? 🙏 Thanks in advance for the advice!

Help, frying pros! 🍳😩 Every time I make apple fritters, they turn out soggy instead of crispy. 😔 Any tricks or techniques to ensure a perfect, crunchy texture? 🙏 Thanks in advance for the advice!
Hey there! Sorry to hear about your soggy fritters, that's the worst! One trick that works for me is to make sure your oil is hot enough before frying and to not overcrowd the pan - give those fritters some space to crisp up! 🍎🍩🔥

Soggy apple fritters can be a result of excess moisture in the apples. Try patting the apple slices dry before incorporating them into the batter. Additionally, make sure your oil is at the right temperature—too cool, and the fritters will absorb more oil, resulting in sogginess.

Back