Why is my apple pie soggy?

aurora

Tasty Apprentice
Every time I bake apple pie, the bottom ends up soggy. Have tried various recipes, even adjusting oven temperature and baking time. Nothing seems to work. Could the issue lie in my technique, or perhaps in the type of apples I'm using❓ Would love some advice from fellow bakers here. 👩🏻‍🍳💭

I feel your pain! 🥲 Soggy apple pie bottoms are no fun ..Maybe try using a thicker apple like Granny Smith? They hold their shape better oooor pre-cook or thicken the filling slightly before baking to avoid excess moisture. Experimenting with these tweaks might just do the trick! 😊

I feel your pain! 🥲 Soggy apple pie bottoms are no fun ..Maybe try using a thicker apple like Granny Smith? They hold their shape better oooor pre-cook or thicken the filling slightly before baking to avoid excess moisture. Experimenting with these tweaks might just do the trick! 😊
Your pie might be soggy because of too much moisture from the apples. Try pre-cooking them a bit to release some water before baking!
I'll try pre-cooking them then 👌🏻

Every time I bake apple pie, the bottom ends up soggy. Have tried various recipes, even adjusting oven temperature and baking time. Nothing seems to work. Could the issue lie in my technique, or perhaps in the type of apples I'm using❓ Would love some advice from fellow bakers here. 👩🏻‍🍳💭
Personally, I find that pre-cooking the apples slightly can help reduce the moisture in the filling! 🔥 Though, be careful not to overcook them, or they'll turn to mush haha :ROFLMAO:

I think your apple pie might be soggy because the apples released too much liquid during baking. Though, next time, you could try pre-cooking the apples or using a thicker crust to prevent it from getting soggy. Hope that helps!

Back