Help! My French bread keeps turning out super dry. What's the fix?

ChocoJay

Culinary Explorer
Oh no, fellow bakers! 🆘 Every time I try my hand at French bread, it ends up being way too dry. 😩 I’m desperately searching for the secret to that moist, airy interior. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to prevent this? Your guidance would be a lifesaver! 🍞💦 Thanks a ton!

Ensure that your dough has the right hydration level. French bread typically has a higher hydration level, resulting in a softer crumb. If your dough feels too dry, try increasing the water content slightly. Conversely, if it's too wet, adjust by adding more flour gradually until you achieve the desired consistency. 👌😉✨

Oh no, fellow bakers! 🆘 Every time I try my hand at French bread, it ends up being way too dry. 😩 I’m desperately searching for the secret to that moist, airy interior. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to prevent this? Your guidance would be a lifesaver! 🍞💦 Thanks a ton!
To prevent your French bread from turning out dry, try reducing the baking time slightly and ensuring your oven temperature is accurate. Also, brushing the bread with butter or olive oil right after baking can help retain moisture.

Hi all! Are you using enough water in your dough? I think adding a bit more water might make a difference. Let us know how it goes! 💧

Back