Help! My ribs aren't coming out tender in the crockpot like they should. Any suggestions to fix this?

Marsgann

Novice Foodie
Followed the recipe, but they're still not as tender as expected. Any seasoned crockpot masters have tricks up their sleeves to rescue my rib dish? 😕🍖

Try cooking the ribs on low for a longer time, like 8-10 hours, to help them become more tender. Adding a bit of liquid, like broth or a splash of apple cider vinegar, can also help. Good luck! 🍖😊

Hey there! Sorry to hear that 😕! Maybe try cooking them longer or adding a bit more liquid? That always helps me get 'em super tender. Good luck! 🍖✨ Thanks for any tips!

I am no Chef...but my pork baby-back ribs are to die for. For one rack...or two half racks: Remove the membrane from the underside (a MUST). Salt and pepper generously. Place in the slow cooker....EVEN IF FROZEN. Add water to the slow cooker....about 3/4 of an inch. Turn slow cooker on high for half an hour or so to get temperature up. Then turn down to low.....and slow cook for six hours if ribs were thawed....or 6 3/4 hours if started frozen. Test for tenderness. Ready to eat!
One common tip: NEVER remove the slow cooker lid during the cooking.....as you lose much of the heat...and it has to build up all over again.

Back