Help! Why did my chocolate ganache turn out super thick?

Kiriya Ubuyashiki

Culinary Explorer
Oh dear chocolate gurus! 🍫 Hello folks, I have a problem – my recent batch of ganache was maybe a bit too dense and it resembled fudge more than anything else. 💭 I was targeting that thick, creamy texture to achieve the perfect sauce. I’m not pretty sure what could be wrong or how it could be solved, does anyone of you have a clue? Surely this is all fine advice that I can soak up like a sponge! Thanks a lot! 🙏

Your chocolate ganache may have turned out super thick because the ratio of chocolate to cream was too high, or the mixture may have been overheated or stirred too vigorously, causing the chocolate to seize and become thick. Adjusting the ratio of chocolate to cream and gently heating the mixture while stirring can help achieve a smoother consistency. 🍫🥄

Your chocolate ganache may have turned out super thick because the ratio of chocolate to cream was too high, or the mixture may have been overheated or stirred too vigorously, causing the chocolate to seize and become thick. Adjusting the ratio of chocolate to cream and gently heating the mixture while stirring can help achieve a smoother consistency. 🍫🥄
Oh, got it! My ganache was way too thick! Gonna adjust that chocolate to cream ratio and handle it with care next time. Thanks for the tip, appreciate it! 🍫👍

Back