Herbal Chicken Bone Broth with Soba Noodles

ReeseTaki

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! Check out this Herbal Chicken Bone Broth with Soba Noodles recipe! 🍜🌿 It's the perfect blend of comforting flavors and wholesome goodness. Just imagine savoring a bowl of hearty broth filled with tender chicken, nourishing herbs, and slurp-worthy soba noodles. 🤤✨ It's like a warm hug for your taste buds! Give it a try and get ready for some serious culinary satisfaction. 💫 #NoodleLove #ComfortFood

Herbal Chicken Bone Broth with S.jpg

Ingredients:

• 8 dried whole shiitake mushrooms (1/2 ounce), rinsed and patted dry
  • 2 tablespoons dried black wood ear mushrooms (about 10 small)
  • 1 (3 1/2-pound) whole chicken, giblets removed
  • 1/4 cup Shaoxing wine
  • 4 scallions (about 2 ounces), root ends removed and scallions chopped
  • 2 small (8-ounce) yellow onions, roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
  • 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
  • 4 fresh or dried bay leaves
  • 15 small jujube dates (about 1 3/4 ounces)
  • 1/3 cup dried goji berries
  • 10 pieces sliced astragalus root (about 1/2 ounce)
  • 6 slices whole angelica root (about 3/4 ounce)
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
Noodle Soup:

• 4 ounces uncooked soba noodles
  • 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
  • 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
  • 1/4 cup shredded nori (dried seaweed)
  • 2 tablespoons dried goji berries
  • Soft-cooked eggs, sautéed leafy greens, roasted shiitake or wood ear mushrooms, and microgreens (optional)
  • Fine sea salt or soy sauce, to taste
Directions:

1. Make the bone broth:
    • Soak shiitake and wood ear mushrooms in warm water until plump, about 1 hour. Drain, reserving soaking liquid.
    • Place chicken in a large bowl; pour wine over chicken and add scallions inside the cavity.
    • In a large pot, combine onions and ginger. Add chicken, wine from bowl, bay leaves, mushrooms, and mushroom soaking liquid. Add enough water to cover chicken. Bring to a boil, skim foam, then simmer, uncovered, 2 hours.
    • Add jujube dates, goji berries, astragalus root, and angelica root to pot. Cook until chicken is tender and broth reduces, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove chicken; discard skin and bones. Strain broth through a fine wire-mesh strainer. Stir in sea salt. Set bone broth aside.
  2. Make the noodle soup:
    • Cook soba noodles according to package instructions. Divide noodles among bowls.
    • Add bone broth to bowls. Top with scallions, sesame oil, shredded nori, goji berries, and chicken. Add additional toppings as desired.
    • Season with additional salt or soy sauce to taste. Reserve remaining chicken for another use.

PS: Making this Herbal Chicken Bone Broth with Soba Noodles has completely elevated my cooking game! 🍜💫 It's my ultimate comfort food, perfect for cozy nights in or whenever I need a hearty, wholesome meal. 🌿✨ The blend of aromatic herbs and tender chicken simmering away is pure kitchen therapy! 😌🍗 Trust me, you'll want to try this recipe for yourself. Happy cooking, fellow food enthusiasts! 🥳

Wow, that recipe sounds like a flavor bomb! I can practically smell the aromatic herbs already. Thanks for sharing, I'm definitely adding this to my cooking list! 🍜👩‍🍳

This recipe looks like the ultimate comfort food! 🍜🌿 I love the idea of incorporating fragrant herbs into the broth for an extra depth of flavor. And pairing it with soba noodles adds a delicious twist. Can't wait to try making this cozy dish on a chilly day! 🍲🌟 Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Hey everyone! Check out this Herbal Chicken Bone Broth with Soba Noodles recipe! 🍜🌿 It's the perfect blend of comforting flavors and wholesome goodness. Just imagine savoring a bowl of hearty broth filled with tender chicken, nourishing herbs, and slurp-worthy soba noodles. 🤤✨ It's like a warm hug for your taste buds! Give it a try and get ready for some serious culinary satisfaction. 💫 #NoodleLove #ComfortFood

View attachment 2721

Ingredients:

• 8 dried whole shiitake mushrooms (1/2 ounce), rinsed and patted dry
  • 2 tablespoons dried black wood ear mushrooms (about 10 small)
  • 1 (3 1/2-pound) whole chicken, giblets removed
  • 1/4 cup Shaoxing wine
  • 4 scallions (about 2 ounces), root ends removed and scallions chopped
  • 2 small (8-ounce) yellow onions, roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
  • 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
  • 4 fresh or dried bay leaves
  • 15 small jujube dates (about 1 3/4 ounces)
  • 1/3 cup dried goji berries
  • 10 pieces sliced astragalus root (about 1/2 ounce)
  • 6 slices whole angelica root (about 3/4 ounce)
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
Noodle Soup:

• 4 ounces uncooked soba noodles
  • 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
  • 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
  • 1/4 cup shredded nori (dried seaweed)
  • 2 tablespoons dried goji berries
  • Soft-cooked eggs, sautéed leafy greens, roasted shiitake or wood ear mushrooms, and microgreens (optional)
  • Fine sea salt or soy sauce, to taste
Directions:

1. Make the bone broth:
    • Soak shiitake and wood ear mushrooms in warm water until plump, about 1 hour. Drain, reserving soaking liquid.
    • Place chicken in a large bowl; pour wine over chicken and add scallions inside the cavity.
    • In a large pot, combine onions and ginger. Add chicken, wine from bowl, bay leaves, mushrooms, and mushroom soaking liquid. Add enough water to cover chicken. Bring to a boil, skim foam, then simmer, uncovered, 2 hours.
    • Add jujube dates, goji berries, astragalus root, and angelica root to pot. Cook until chicken is tender and broth reduces, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove chicken; discard skin and bones. Strain broth through a fine wire-mesh strainer. Stir in sea salt. Set bone broth aside.
  2. Make the noodle soup:
    • Cook soba noodles according to package instructions. Divide noodles among bowls.
    • Add bone broth to bowls. Top with scallions, sesame oil, shredded nori, goji berries, and chicken. Add additional toppings as desired.
    • Season with additional salt or soy sauce to taste. Reserve remaining chicken for another use.

PS: Making this Herbal Chicken Bone Broth with Soba Noodles has completely elevated my cooking game! 🍜💫 It's my ultimate comfort food, perfect for cozy nights in or whenever I need a hearty, wholesome meal. 🌿✨ The blend of aromatic herbs and tender chicken simmering away is pure kitchen therapy! 😌🍗 Trust me, you'll want to try this recipe for yourself. Happy cooking, fellow food enthusiasts! 🥳
This Herbal Chicken Bone Broth with Soba Noodles sounds like the perfect comfort food for a chilly day. The combination of aromatic herbs and hearty noodles is sure to warm me up from the inside out. Can't wait to give this recipe a try!

Back