Home-cooked Steak

Serene

Culinary Explorer
Great thing are enjoyed at home, like my steak!, want to try my recipe?
home-cooked steak.jpg

Ingredients:​

• 2 steaks (ribeye, sirloin, or your preferred cut)
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • Olive oil or butter
  • Optional: minced garlic, fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary), steak seasoning blend

Instructions:​

1. Preparation:
    • Take the steaks out of the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before cooking to bring them to room temperature. This ensures more even cooking.
    • Pat the steaks dry with paper towels to remove any excess moisture, which helps achieve a nice sear.
  2. Seasoning:
    • Season both sides of each steak generously with salt and pepper. If you like, you can also rub minced garlic or a steak seasoning blend onto the steaks for extra flavor.
  3. Preheat the Pan:
    • Place a heavy-bottomed skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat. Let it heat up for a few minutes until it's very hot. You want the pan to be hot enough to create a good sear.
  4. Cooking:
    • Once the pan is hot, add a drizzle of olive oil or a pat of butter to the pan. Swirl the oil or melt the butter to coat the bottom of the pan evenly.
    • Carefully place the seasoned steaks in the hot skillet. Be cautious to avoid splattering hot oil.
    • Cook the steaks without moving them for about 3-4 minutes on the first side. This allows a nice sear to develop.
    • Flip the steaks using tongs and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes for medium-rare, or longer if you prefer your steaks more well-done. Adjust cooking time according to the thickness of your steaks and your desired level of doneness.
  5. Resting:
    • Once the steaks are cooked to your liking, transfer them to a plate or cutting board and let them rest for 5-10 minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat, ensuring a juicier steak when sliced.
  6. Serve:
    • After resting, slice the steaks against the grain for maximum tenderness. Serve hot with your favorite sides, such as mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a crisp salad.
Enjoy your delicious home-cooked steak! Adjust seasoning and cooking time according to your taste preferences and the thickness of your steaks.

Wow, The seasoning blend sounds like it would really bring out the rich flavor of the steak, and that sear on the grill must add the perfect touch of smokiness. Can't wait to give this a try at my next BBQ gathering. Thanks for sharing your culinary expertise!

Your home-cooked steak looks mouthwatering! 🥩🔥 Nothing beats a perfectly seared steak for a cozy night in. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Can't wait to fire up the grill and give it a try!

Great thing are enjoyed at home, like my steak!, want to try my recipe?
View attachment 287

Ingredients:​

• 2 steaks (ribeye, sirloin, or your preferred cut)
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • Olive oil or butter
  • Optional: minced garlic, fresh herbs (thyme, rosemary), steak seasoning blend

Instructions:​

1. Preparation:
    • Take the steaks out of the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before cooking to bring them to room temperature. This ensures more even cooking.
    • Pat the steaks dry with paper towels to remove any excess moisture, which helps achieve a nice sear.
  2. Seasoning:
    • Season both sides of each steak generously with salt and pepper. If you like, you can also rub minced garlic or a steak seasoning blend onto the steaks for extra flavor.
  3. Preheat the Pan:
    • Place a heavy-bottomed skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat. Let it heat up for a few minutes until it's very hot. You want the pan to be hot enough to create a good sear.
  4. Cooking:
    • Once the pan is hot, add a drizzle of olive oil or a pat of butter to the pan. Swirl the oil or melt the butter to coat the bottom of the pan evenly.
    • Carefully place the seasoned steaks in the hot skillet. Be cautious to avoid splattering hot oil.
    • Cook the steaks without moving them for about 3-4 minutes on the first side. This allows a nice sear to develop.
    • Flip the steaks using tongs and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes for medium-rare, or longer if you prefer your steaks more well-done. Adjust cooking time according to the thickness of your steaks and your desired level of doneness.
  5. Resting:
    • Once the steaks are cooked to your liking, transfer them to a plate or cutting board and let them rest for 5-10 minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat, ensuring a juicier steak when sliced.
  6. Serve:
    • After resting, slice the steaks against the grain for maximum tenderness. Serve hot with your favorite sides, such as mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a crisp salad.
Enjoy your delicious home-cooked steak! Adjust seasoning and cooking time according to your taste preferences and the thickness of your steaks.
Nothing beats a perfectly cooked steak at home! I love experimenting with different seasonings and cooking methods to get that restaurant-quality flavor right in my kitchen. Can't wait to fire up the grill and try this recipe out! Thanks for sharing.

Back