Homemade Ikea Meatballs

littlehomie

Novice Foodie
Hey foodies! I recently tried replicating Ikea's iconic meatballs at home and nailed it! Who else has attempted this culinary adventure, and what are your secret ingredients? Let's swap recipes and tips to recreate that delicious Swedish taste in our own kitchens.

Ikea Meatball.jpg

Ingredients:
MEATBALLS

750g Beef&Pork mixed mince
1 onion finely chopped
1 clove of garlic (crushed or minced)
100g breadcrumbs
1 egg
5 tablespoons of milk (whole milk)
generous salt and pepper​

CREAM SAUCE

40g butter
40g plain flour
300ml bouillon (or consommé)
150ml thick double cream
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon mustard​

Preparation:

1. Meatballs: Mix beef and pork mince with your fingers to break up any lumps. Add finely chopped onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, egg, and mix. Then, add milk and season well with salt and pepper.​
2. Shape the mixture into small, round balls. Place them on a clean plate, cover them, and store them in the fridge for 2 hours (this will help them hold their shape while cooking).​
3. In a frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. When hot, gently add the meatballs and brown them on all sides.​
4. Once browned, transfer them to an ovenproof dish and cover. Place in a hot oven (180°C conventional or 160°C fan) and cook for a further 30 minutes.​
5. Iconic Swedish cream sauce: Melt 40g of butter in a pan. Whisk in 40g of plain flour and stir for 2 minutes. Then, add 300ml of bouillon (or consommé) and continue to stir. Add 150ml double cream, 2 tsp of soy sauce, and 1 tsp of mustard. Bring it to a simmer and allow the sauce to thicken.​
6. When ready to eat, serve with your favourite potatoes – either creamy mash or mini new boiled potatoes.​

Share your homemade Ikea meatball recipes and let's elevate our cooking game together!

These IKEA meatball recipe looks promising! I wanna try this one and hopefully it would be better than the ones from the store. This one even has the recipe for the cream sauce.... WOW! :love:

Hey, thanks for spilling the beans on your Ikea meatball experiment! 🍽️ Those meatballs look like pure yumminess, and your recipe's totally on point :D I'm totally planning to give it a go this weekend and maybe throw in a few experiments of my own 😄

I've been trying to replicate the taste of the iconic IKEA meatballs and haven't found anything as close to the real one. Hope it will be this one!😃

Now, that's a recipe twist I haven't heard before! The idea of recreating those iconic Swedish meatballs at home sounds like a fun culinary adventure. I can already imagine the savory aroma filling the kitchen as they cook to golden perfection. Plus, serving them with lingonberry sauce and mashed potatoes—pure comfort food bliss! Thanks for sharing this unique recipe idea—I can't wait to give it a try and bring a taste of Sweden to my dinner table! 🇸🇪🍽️

I've always loved the flavor of Ikea's meatballs, so I'm super excited to see a recipe for making them at home. I'll definitely be giving this recipe a try. Thanks for sharing such a delicious-looking recipe! 🍽️😋

Homemade IKEA meatballs sound like a treat! 🍽️ Thanks for sharing your recipe with us. There's something about that savory goodness that's hard to resist. I'm excited to try making them at home and maybe even add my own twist to the dish. Appreciate you sharing the secret to these iconic meatballs!

Back