Homemade Mooncakes Recipe

Klaire_Desteen

Culinary Explorer
After years of baking mooncakes, I've finally achieved the perfect recipe that captures the essence of this beloved tradition. I'm excited to share my tried-and-true recipe with you all, so let's get baking!

Ingredients:
Homemade Mooncakes Recipe.jpg

For the dough:
  • 250g all-purpose flour
  • 50g powdered sugar
  • 50g vegetable oil
  • 100ml water
For the filling:
  • 200g lotus seed paste
  • 50g salted duck egg yolks (optional)
  • 50g roasted melon seeds (optional)
For egg wash:
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 tablespoon water
Instructions:
  1. In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour and powdered sugar. Gradually add the vegetable oil while mixing until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
  2. Slowly pour in the water and knead the dough until smooth and elastic. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes.
  3. Divide the lotus seed paste into equal portions, and if using, wrap each salted duck egg yolk and roasted melon seed with a portion of the paste.
  4. Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  5. Take a small portion of the dough and flatten it into a circle. Place a portion of the filling in the center and wrap the dough around it, ensuring it's sealed properly.
  6. Lightly dust the mooncake mold with flour, then press the filled dough into the mold. Tap the mold gently to release the mooncake.
  7. Place the shaped mooncakes onto the prepared baking sheet.
  8. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and water to make the egg wash. Brush the tops of the mooncakes with the egg wash.
  9. Bake the mooncakes in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let them cool for 10 minutes.
  10. Return the mooncakes to the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until they turn golden brown.
  11. Allow the mooncakes to cool completely before serving. Store them in an airtight container for up to a week.
I hope you enjoy making and sharing these homemade mooncakes with your loved ones✨

I'm absolutely delighted about this Homemade Mooncakes Recipe; it's a wonderful way to bring the rich tradition and flavors of the Mid-Autumn Festival into my own kitchen!

Thank you so much for sharing your homemade mooncake recipe! I've been on the lookout for a reliable recipe, and yours seems perfect. I appreciate the clear instructions and the attention to detail in both the dough and filling. :love:

Homemade Mooncakes Recipe? That's out-of-this-world! 🌕🍰 I've always wanted to try making these traditional treats myself. Can't wait to give your recipe a whirl and taste a piece of the moon! Thanks for sharing this lunar delight! 🚀👩‍🍳 #MooncakeMagic

Your Homemade Mooncakes recipe sounds absolutely delightful! 🥮🌕 There's something truly special about making these traditional treats from scratch, especially during the Mid-Autumn Festival. I can't wait to try making them and share them with family and friends.

Back