Homemade Naan Bread

cb100397

Culinary Explorer
Bring a taste of India into your kitchen!!! 🍞✨ I love to share with you this homemade naan bread recipe. Trust me, once you've tried this irresistible treat, you'll be hooked!

Homemade Naan Bread.jpg

Ingredients:

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup warm water
  • 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter or ghee
  • Additional melted butter or ghee for brushing
Instructions:
  1. In a small bowl, combine the warm water, sugar, and yeast. Let it sit for about 5-10 minutes until it becomes frothy.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt. Make a well in the center and pour in the yeast mixture, yogurt, and melted butter or ghee.
  3. Stir until a dough forms, then knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 5-7 minutes until it's smooth and elastic.
  4. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a clean kitchen towel, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1-2 hours until it doubles in size.
  5. Once the dough has risen, punch it down and divide it into 6-8 equal portions. Roll each portion into a ball.
  6. Preheat a skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
  7. Roll out each ball of dough into a thin circle or oval shape, about 1/4 inch thick.
  8. Place the rolled-out dough onto the hot skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes until bubbles start to form on the surface and the bottom is golden brown.
  9. Flip the naan and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the other side is golden brown and cooked through.
  10. Remove the naan from the skillet and brush with melted butter or ghee.
  11. Repeat with the remaining dough balls.
  12. Serve the naan warm with your favorite curry or enjoy it plain!
Feel free to customize your naan by adding garlic, herbs, or spices to the dough for extra flavor. Enjoy!

Wow, naan at home? You're fancy! 🫶 This recipe looks awesome, way better than store-bought stuff. Gotta try this ..Thanks for sharing!
Hiii!! I agree, making naan at home might is totally doable and oh-so-rewarding. There's just something about the aroma of freshly baked bread wafting through the kitchen that makes it all worth it, right? Believe me, once you taste your homemade naan, you might never go back to store-bought again!;)

Thank you so much for this! I’ve been looking for such a detailed and precise naan recipe for years, and it looks like I've finally found it. One small complementary piece of advice, if I may, regarding the dough and the yeast: bloom your yeast (whether dry, instant, or even fresh) with a teaspoon of honey and lukewarm water. It’ll make it more powerful, almost like yeast on steroids. Then, for the dough proofing: the longer, the better. If you have a good, precise, and powerful fridge, proof your dough for 3 to 4 days at 4°C, and up to 6 or 7 days at 1°C. The dough will lose a bit of strength since all the gluten will be digested by the yeast, but it will greatly improve in taste, acidity, and, most importantly, digestibility. Thanks again for the excellent work! ദ്ദി ˉ͈̀꒳ˉ͈́ )✧

What a wonderful idea! 🇮🇳🍞 Homemade naan bread sounds like a fantastic way to bring the flavors of India into the kitchen. Thanks for sharing your recipe—I can't wait to try making this irresistible treat and experience the deliciousness firsthand!

That's fantastic! There's nothing quite like the aroma of freshly baked bread in the kitchen. Are you going to stick with a traditional recipe, or do you have any unique twists planned? I'd love to hear more about your naan-making adventure! :giggle::giggle:

Back