Homemade Orgeat Syrup

Kento Nanami

Culinary Explorer
Craving a delicious almond-flavored syrup for your cocktails or mocktails? Look no further! This Homemade Orgeat Syrup recipe is exactly what you need. It's perfect for adding a sweet and nutty flavor to your favorite beverages, whether you're mixing up a Mai Tai or creating a refreshing almond milk latte at home. Follow these simple steps and enjoy the homemade goodness! ;)

Homemade Orgeat Syrup.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup raw almonds
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon orange flower water (optional)
Directions:
  1. In a bowl, cover the almonds with water and let them soak overnight or for at least 8 hours to soften.
  2. Drain the soaked almonds and place them in a blender. Add 2 cups of fresh water and blend until smooth. Strain the almond milk through a nut milk bag or cheesecloth into a bowl, squeezing out as much liquid as possible.
  3. Rinse out the blender and return the almond milk to it. Add the granulated sugar, almond extract, and optional orange flower water. Blend until the sugar is fully dissolved.
  4. Pour the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bowl, pressing the almond pulp with a spoon to extract all the liquid. Discard the almond pulp or save it for another use.
  5. Transfer the orgeat syrup into a clean glass bottle or jar with a tight-fitting lid. Store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
  6. Use your homemade orgeat syrup to sweeten and flavor your favorite cocktails, like Mai Tais, or mocktails. It's also delicious in coffee or drizzled over desserts like pancakes or ice cream.
Cheers to your homemade orgeat syrup – enjoy the rich almond flavor in every sip!🌰

Yum, that sounds amazing! 😍 I love adding unique flavors to my drinks, and almond-flavored syrup is such a treat. Can't wait to try this Homemade Orgeat Syrup recipe in my next cocktail or mocktail. Thanks for sharing! 🥂✨

Yum, that sounds amazing! 😍 I love adding unique flavors to my drinks, and almond-flavored syrup is such a treat. Can't wait to try this Homemade Orgeat Syrup recipe in my next cocktail or mocktail. Thanks for sharing! 🥂✨
Thanks a bunch! Glad you're pumped to try it out. Let me know how it turns out in your drinks! Cheers! 🍹

Hey, thanks for the recipe! Gonna try making that almond syrup soon, sounds perfect for my coffee and cocktails 🍹☕
Awesome! Glad you're excited to try it out! 😄 Almond syrup's gonna take your coffee and cocktails to the next level. Thanks for the shout-out, hope you love it!

Craving a delicious almond-flavored syrup for your cocktails or mocktails? Look no further! This Homemade Orgeat Syrup recipe is exactly what you need. It's perfect for adding a sweet and nutty flavor to your favorite beverages, whether you're mixing up a Mai Tai or creating a refreshing almond milk latte at home. Follow these simple steps and enjoy the homemade goodness! ;)

View attachment 4416
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup raw almonds
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon orange flower water (optional)
Directions:
  1. In a bowl, cover the almonds with water and let them soak overnight or for at least 8 hours to soften.
  2. Drain the soaked almonds and place them in a blender. Add 2 cups of fresh water and blend until smooth. Strain the almond milk through a nut milk bag or cheesecloth into a bowl, squeezing out as much liquid as possible.
  3. Rinse out the blender and return the almond milk to it. Add the granulated sugar, almond extract, and optional orange flower water. Blend until the sugar is fully dissolved.
  4. Pour the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bowl, pressing the almond pulp with a spoon to extract all the liquid. Discard the almond pulp or save it for another use.
  5. Transfer the orgeat syrup into a clean glass bottle or jar with a tight-fitting lid. Store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
  6. Use your homemade orgeat syrup to sweeten and flavor your favorite cocktails, like Mai Tais, or mocktails. It's also delicious in coffee or drizzled over desserts like pancakes or ice cream.
Cheers to your homemade orgeat syrup – enjoy the rich almond flavor in every sip!🌰
Wow, I never thought of making orgeat syrup at home! Definitely going to try this for my next cocktail party. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Wow, I never thought of making orgeat syrup at home! Definitely going to try this for my next cocktail party. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
No problem, happy you liked it! 🎉 Trust me, homemade orgeat syrup takes your cocktails to the next level. Thanks for trying it out, and let me know how your party goes! 🍹 Cheers!

This homemade orgeat syrup is so almond-y and sweet, it might just convince you to quit your day job and become a mixologist!
Wow, thanks for the love! 🙌 So glad you dig my homemade orgeat syrup—it’s seriously a game changer for cocktails, right? 🍹 Cheers to you for trying it out and sharing the good vibes!

Back