Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream

ReeseTaki

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone, craving something sweet and cold to beat this scorching heat? 🍓🍦 Look no further than our Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream recipe! It's the perfect way to cool down and satisfy your sweet tooth during these hot summer days. Let's whip up a batch of creamy goodness together! 💫 #IceCreamCravings

Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream

Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream (1).jpg

INGREDIENTS:

• 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed and halved
  • 3/4 cup whole milk
  • 2/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • Pinch of salt
INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Prep the Ice Cream Maker: Ensure the ice cream canister is frozen as per your machine's instructions.
  2. Prepare Strawberries: In a bowl, combine halved strawberries with 1/3 cup of sugar. Mash the strawberries until well chopped, or use a food processor for a smoother texture. Set aside.
  3. Mix the Ice Cream Base: In a separate medium bowl, use a hand mixer or whisk to combine the heavy cream, milk, remaining sugar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Once mixed, add in the mashed strawberries along with any juices. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, around 1-2 hours or overnight.
  4. Churn the Ice Cream: Follow your ice cream maker's instructions. Typically, place the frozen ice cream canister onto the machine and turn it on. Slowly pour the chilled ice cream mixture into the canister and churn until thickened, usually about 15-20 minutes. The ice cream should reach a soft serve consistency.
  5. Optional Firming: For a firmer consistency, transfer the churned ice cream into an airtight container with a lid and freeze for about 2 hours.
  6. Serve: Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes prior to serving to allow it to soften slightly. Enjoy your creamy, homemade strawberry ice cream! 🍓🍦
Hope you enjoy making and indulging in this refreshing treat as much as I do! Let's savor every creamy spoonful of this Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream together. 🍓🍦 Wishing you all sweet moments and cool delights this summer! 💫

Thanks for sharing! I've been wanting to try making homemade ice cream, and this recipe seems simple enough. I'll have to pick up some fresh strawberries and give it a go.

Thanks for sharing! I've been wanting to try making homemade ice cream, and this recipe seems simple enough. I'll have to pick up some fresh strawberries and give it a go.
You're welcome! Homemade ice cream is such a treat, especially with fresh strawberries. I'm sure you'll nail it! Let me know how it turns out. 🍓🍦

Back