Homemade Vanilla Marshmallows

TinkerBell

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I recently discovered a delicious recipe for homemade vanilla marshmallows that are so soft, fluffy, and full of delicious vanilla flavor. You won't believe how easy they are to make!

Ingredients:
marshmallow.jpg

• 3 packages (21g each) of unflavored gelatin
  • 1 cup cold water, divided
  • 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 cup light corn syrup
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • Powdered sugar, for dusting
Instructions:
  1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, sprinkle the gelatin over 1/2 cup of cold water. Let it sit and soften while you prepare the syrup.
  2. In a medium saucepan, combine the remaining 1/2 cup of water, granulated sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Stir over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
  3. Increase the heat to high and bring the syrup to a rapid boil. Insert a candy thermometer and continue to cook until the syrup reaches 240°F (soft-ball stage).
  4. With the stand mixer on low speed, slowly pour the hot syrup into the softened gelatin. Be careful as the syrup will be extremely hot.
  5. Gradually increase the speed to high and beat the mixture until it becomes very thick and fluffy, about 10-15 minutes.
  6. Add the vanilla extract and beat for an additional minute to incorporate.
  7. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish and dust it with powdered sugar.
  8. Pour the marshmallow mixture into the prepared dish, smoothing the top with a spatula.
  9. Dust the top of the marshmallows with more powdered sugar.
  10. Let the marshmallows set at room temperature for at least 4 hours, or overnight, until firm.
  11. Once set, use a sharp knife to cut the marshmallows into squares or desired shapes.
  12. Dust the cut edges with more powdered sugar to prevent sticking.
These homemade vanilla marshmallows are perfect for hot cocoa, or roasting over a campfire. I hope you enjoy making and eating these treats as much as I do! Let me know if you give them a try!

I'm getting major campfire vibes just thinking about roasting these homemade marshmallows! The perfect combination of sweet, fluffy, and oh-so-delicious! 🔥

Hey everyone! I recently discovered a delicious recipe for homemade vanilla marshmallows that are so soft, fluffy, and full of delicious vanilla flavor. You won't believe how easy they are to make!

Ingredients:View attachment 1006
  • 3 packages (21g each) of unflavored gelatin
  • 1 cup cold water, divided
  • 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 cup light corn syrup
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • Powdered sugar, for dusting
Instructions:
  1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, sprinkle the gelatin over 1/2 cup of cold water. Let it sit and soften while you prepare the syrup.
  2. In a medium saucepan, combine the remaining 1/2 cup of water, granulated sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Stir over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
  3. Increase the heat to high and bring the syrup to a rapid boil. Insert a candy thermometer and continue to cook until the syrup reaches 240°F (soft-ball stage).
  4. With the stand mixer on low speed, slowly pour the hot syrup into the softened gelatin. Be careful as the syrup will be extremely hot.
  5. Gradually increase the speed to high and beat the mixture until it becomes very thick and fluffy, about 10-15 minutes.
  6. Add the vanilla extract and beat for an additional minute to incorporate.
  7. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish and dust it with powdered sugar.
  8. Pour the marshmallow mixture into the prepared dish, smoothing the top with a spatula.
  9. Dust the top of the marshmallows with more powdered sugar.
  10. Let the marshmallows set at room temperature for at least 4 hours, or overnight, until firm.
  11. Once set, use a sharp knife to cut the marshmallows into squares or desired shapes.
  12. Dust the cut edges with more powdered sugar to prevent sticking.
These homemade vanilla marshmallows are perfect for hot cocoa, or roasting over a campfire. I hope you enjoy making and eating these treats as much as I do! Let me know if you give them a try!
Oh wow, I never thought that making vanilla marshmallows would be this easy. Thanks for sharing 🤗😋

Oh, that sounds like a fun and delicious project! Are you planning to flavor them with pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean seeds? I've always wanted to try making marshmallows from scratch. Do you have any tips or tricks to share for getting that perfect fluffy texture?

Back