Honey Lavender Chicken

willa_On

Culinary Explorer
I just had to come on here and rave about this mind-blowing recipe I tried this weekend. It's called Honey Lavender Chicken, and it is a total game-changer.

I'm always looking for new ways to make chicken interesting, and this recipe definitely delivered. The lavender adds this incredibly subtle floral note that pairs beautifully with the sweetness of the honey. It's unexpected, but it works so well!

Plus, it's surprisingly easy to make. You don't need any fancy ingredients, and it comes together in under an hour.

Honey Lavender Chicken.jpeg

Here's what you'll need:
  • 1 whole chicken (about 3-4 pounds)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon dried lavender
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
Here's how to make it:
  1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly grease a baking dish.
  2. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lavender, salt, and pepper. Rub the mixture all over the chicken, getting it under the skin as well.
  3. In another bowl, whisk together the honey, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and garlic.
  4. Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish. Pour the honey mustard mixture over the chicken.
  5. Pour the chicken broth into the bottom of the baking dish. This will help keep the chicken moist and prevent it from drying out.
  6. Roast the chicken for 45-50 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear when pierced with a knife. Baste the chicken with the pan juices every 15 minutes or so.
  7. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving and serving.
Trust me, this recipe is a winner! The chicken is so flavorful and juicy, and the lavender adds this unique touch that will have everyone asking for seconds.

Give it a try and let me know what you think!

I just had to come on here and rave about this mind-blowing recipe I tried this weekend. It's called Honey Lavender Chicken, and it is a total game-changer.

I'm always looking for new ways to make chicken interesting, and this recipe definitely delivered. The lavender adds this incredibly subtle floral note that pairs beautifully with the sweetness of the honey. It's unexpected, but it works so well!

Plus, it's surprisingly easy to make. You don't need any fancy ingredients, and it comes together in under an hour.

View attachment 1953

Here's what you'll need:
  • 1 whole chicken (about 3-4 pounds)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon dried lavender
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
Here's how to make it:
  1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly grease a baking dish.
  2. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lavender, salt, and pepper. Rub the mixture all over the chicken, getting it under the skin as well.
  3. In another bowl, whisk together the honey, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and garlic.
  4. Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish. Pour the honey mustard mixture over the chicken.
  5. Pour the chicken broth into the bottom of the baking dish. This will help keep the chicken moist and prevent it from drying out.
  6. Roast the chicken for 45-50 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear when pierced with a knife. Baste the chicken with the pan juices every 15 minutes or so.
  7. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving and serving.
Trust me, this recipe is a winner! The chicken is so flavorful and juicy, and the lavender adds this unique touch that will have everyone asking for seconds.

Give it a try and let me know what you think!

That sounds awesome @willa_On ! Thanks for sharing about the Honey Lavender Chicken. I'm curious to try it out myself now! 🤗 😊

I love the idea of combining lavender with honey for a unique flavor twist. Do you think this recipe would work well with chicken breasts instead of a whole chicken?🤩

Your honey lavender chicken recipe sounds intriguing! I love trying new flavor combinations, and this one seems like a winner. Can't wait to cook it up! Thanks for sharing!

Back