How can you tell if your peach dump cake is ready to come out of the oven?

Nutellah_

Culinary Explorer
🕒🍰 When baking a peach dump cake, how do you know it's done? I don't want to underbake or overbake it. Any telltale signs or tricks to ensure it's perfectly cooked? Share your wisdom, please! 🙏👀

Look for the peach filling to be bubbling up around the edges. That's a good sign that the fruit is hot and the cake is cooking through. Just like with regular cakes, you can stick a toothpick or a skewer into the middle of the cake part. If it comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs (but not wet batter), it’s done. Give the top a gentle press. If they feel set and not mushy, then they're done cooking. 😉👍✨

Look for the peach filling to be bubbling up around the edges. That's a good sign that the fruit is hot and the cake is cooking through. Just like with regular cakes, you can stick a toothpick or a skewer into the middle of the cake part. If it comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs (but not wet batter), it’s done. Give the top a gentle press. If they feel set and not mushy, then they're done cooking. 😉👍✨
Yes, I agree, That's how I check my dump cakes as well ;)

I couldn't agree more. Bubbling peach filling is like nature's way of saying, "Hey, I'm ready to be devoured!" And that toothpick test? It's the ultimate baker's secret weapon. When it comes out clean or with just a hint of crumbs clinging on, you know your peach dump cake is reaching perfection. And that gentle press on top? It's like giving your creation a little love tap to confirm its readiness.💕

Back