How do you bake an easy bread without yeast?

Kurt

Novice Foodie
Hey everyone! 🌞 Could really use your wisdom here. Trying to bake bread, but yeast? Nowhere to be found in my kitchen. Got any easy recipes that skip yeast but still turn out yummy? Bonus points for simplicity and quick prep times. Thanks a ton in advance! 🍞✌️

Hey everyone! 🌞 Could really use your wisdom here. Trying to bake bread, but yeast? Nowhere to be found in my kitchen. Got any easy recipes that skip yeast but still turn out yummy? Bonus points for simplicity and quick prep times. Thanks a ton in advance! 🍞✌️
No yeast, no problem! Soda bread's your answer. Just mix flour, salt, baking soda, buttermilk. Shape, bake. Easy and delicious! 😋🍞

Hey there! 🌞 Totally get the struggle of missing yeast in the kitchen! Here's a super simple recipe I swear by for yeast-free bread that turns out yummy every time 😉👌✨👍

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup milk (any kind works, even plant-based!)
  • 2 tablespoons vinegar (white or apple cider)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
  3. Mix the milk and vinegar in a separate bowl and let it sit for a couple of minutes. This creates a makeshift buttermilk.
  4. Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until a dough forms.
  5. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead it gently for a minute or two until it comes together.
  6. Shape the dough into a loaf or desired shape and place it on a greased baking sheet or in a greased loaf pan.
  7. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
  8. Let it cool slightly before slicing and enjoying your freshly baked bread!
Hope this helps and that you love your homemade bread! 🍞✌️ Let me know how it turns out!😉👌✨👍

You can bake a quick bread without yeast by using baking powder or baking soda as leavening agents instead. Quick bread recipes often include ingredients like flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, eggs, milk, and sometimes fat (like butter or oil). Since these breads rely on chemical leaveners rather than yeast, they don't require the time for proofing or rising like yeast breads do. You can mix the ingredients, pour the batter into a loaf pan, and bake it immediately. It's a great option when you want homemade bread without the wait!

Back