How do you soften bananas for banana pudding?

Hey, fam! Quick q: how do y'all soften bananas for banana pudding? Got this recipe I wanna try, but it calls for really soft bananas. Usually, mine are kinda firm, even when they look ripe enough. Tricks or hacks to speed up the process? Would really love any tips you've got! 🍌🍌🍌🍌
Hey there, @asaproque ! If you want to ripe a banana for your pudding fast you might put them into a brown paper bag with an apple or a ripe banana overnight.πŸŒπŸ‘

Hey, fam! Quick q: how do y'all soften bananas for banana pudding? Got this recipe I wanna try, but it calls for really soft bananas. Usually, mine are kinda firm, even when they look ripe enough. Tricks or hacks to speed up the process? Would really love any tips you've got! 🍌
64Γ—64 png
3 kB

🍌🍌🍌
To soften bananas for banana pudding, you can place them in a paper bag with an apple or a ripe banana for a day or two. The ethylene gas released by the fruit will speed up the ripening process. Alternatively, you can bake the bananas in their peels at a low temperature (around 300Β°F or 150Β°C) for about 15-20 minutes until they're soft. Once softened, mash the bananas and use them in your pudding recipe for a smooth texture and sweet flavor.

Back