How do you use an oven safely?

SkrillexAoki

Novice Foodie
Hello, fellow cookies! 🤸‍♀️ I’m into oven safety lately and I always check what needs to be checked before heating. A friend swears by never leaving the kitchen while it's on. Gloves are a must for me to avoid burns. Ventilation? Big yes to keep smoke alarms silent. What are your top tips for staying safe while whipping up delicacies? 👷‍♀️

Hello! I always start by reading the manual of my oven to familiarize myself with its specific features and safety instructions. This helps me understand how to use it properly and avoid any potential hazards while cooking.

Don't use aluminum foil 🚫 to line the bottom of your oven. It can trap heat and lead to fire hazards. Better safe than sorry, though, right? 🔥

Hello, fellow cookies! 🤸‍♀️ I’m into oven safety lately and I always check what needs to be checked before heating. A friend swears by never leaving the kitchen while it's on. Gloves are a must for me to avoid burns. Ventilation? Big yes to keep smoke alarms silent. What are your top tips for staying safe while whipping up delicacies? 👷‍♀️
I always keep flammable items away from the stove and use a timer to prevent overcooking. Safety first! 🍳🔥

Some additional safety tips include keeping flammable objects away from the oven, using oven mitts or potholders to handle hot cookware, and always double-checking that the oven is off after use. Happy baking, and stay safe! 🍪🔥

It's important to always preheat an oven before using it for cooking. When handling hot pans or trays, wear heat-resistant gloves or oven mitts. Open the oven door carefully to prevent burns from heat leakage. When using the oven, keep combustible objects away from it and never leave it unattended. Keep the oven clean on a regular basis to avoid grease accumulation, which can cause a fire. Last but not least, according to the safety regulations and manufacturer's instructions for the oven model you own.

I never leave the oven unattended while it's in use! ⏱️ It's important to keep an eye on things and stay nearby in case of any unexpected issues.

Back