How long can ham salad sit out?

JulieBaker

Culinary Explorer
Hey there, pondering how long ham salad can safely stay out before spoiling. I know dishes with mayo can be tricky, so guessing not too long? Always heard about the two-hour rule for perishables, but keen on specifics for this. Anyone with food safety smarts have insights on this topic? :)

Hey there, pondering how long ham salad can safely stay out before spoiling. I know dishes with mayo can be tricky, so guessing not too long? Always heard about the two-hour rule for perishables, but keen on specifics for this. Anyone with food safety smarts have insights on this topic? :)
It's best not to leave gammon salad out at room temperature for longer than two hours. Bacteria may begin to grow quickly after two hours, raising the possibility of foodborne disease. When not in use, it's best to keep gammon salad chilled and toss any leftovers that have been out for extended periods of time.

It's best not to leave gammon salad out at room temperature for longer than two hours. Bacteria may begin to grow quickly after two hours, raising the possibility of foodborne disease. When not in use, it's best to keep gammon salad chilled and toss any leftovers that have been out for extended periods of time.
Appreciate the tip! I'll definitely keep an eye on the clock when serving ham salad at gatherings :)

Back