How to make pickles step by step?

ReeseTaki

Culinary Explorer
Hey gang, decided to dive into canning pickles and figured I’d share the steps 🤗. First, you’ll want to sterilize your jars and lids. Then, pack your cucumbers tight into those jars, adding your chosen spices and garlic for that kick. Boil your vinegar, water, and salt mix, then pour it over the cucumbers, leaving some space at the top. Seal them up, process in a water bath for a secure seal, and then — patience — wait a few weeks for flavors to meld. Anyone else got tips or tricks for canning perfection? 🤔╰(*°▽°*)╯

This is awesome 😯 Pickles are my weakness, and homemade sounds incredible ..I've always wanted to try canning but it seems a little intimidating 😁 Your steps look straightforward though!

This is awesome 😯 Pickles are my weakness, and homemade sounds incredible ..I've always wanted to try canning but it seems a little intimidating 😁 Your steps look straightforward though!
I think starting with fresh cucumbers and a brine made of vinegar, water, salt, and spices is key to making delicious pickles 🥒🌟

Hey gang, decided to dive into canning pickles and figured I’d share the steps 🤗. First, you’ll want to sterilize your jars and lids. Then, pack your cucumbers tight into those jars, adding your chosen spices and garlic for that kick. Boil your vinegar, water, and salt mix, then pour it over the cucumbers, leaving some space at the top. Seal them up, process in a water bath for a secure seal, and then — patience — wait a few weeks for flavors to meld. Anyone else got tips or tricks for canning perfection? 🤔╰(*°▽°*)╯
You're right, fresh and firm cucumbers are key! Experimenting with spices and adjusting the vinegar-water ratio can really enhance the flavor. And labeling the jars is a great tip for tracking the aging process. Happy pickling! 🥒🌟

Back