How to make thick gravy?

xxscj1678

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! 🌟 I'm trying to whip up a gravy with a thick texture. I've used various ingredients such as flour, cornstarch, and even arrowroot. I still fail on achieving it. I wonder what could be the culprit why I can' achieve it. Any tips, tricks, or hacks for achieving a gravy that will truly stand out? 🤓

Hey there! 🌟 Thickening gravy can be a bit tricky sometimes, but don't worry, you're not alone! 😅 One thing to keep in mind is the ratio of flour or cornstarch to liquid. Too much of either can make your gravy too thick or even gloopy. 🥄 Try mixing your thickening agent with a bit of cold water before adding it to the hot liquid to prevent lumps. 🔥 And don't forget to simmer your gravy for a bit to let it thicken up properly. 🍲 Hopefully, these tips help you achieve that perfect, thick gravy you're looking for!

Hey there! 🌟 Thickening gravy can be a bit tricky sometimes, but don't worry, you're not alone! 😅 One thing to keep in mind is the ratio of flour or cornstarch to liquid. Too much of either can make your gravy too thick or even gloopy. 🥄 Try mixing your thickening agent with a bit of cold water before adding it to the hot liquid to prevent lumps. 🔥 And don't forget to simmer your gravy for a bit to let it thicken up properly. 🍲 Hopefully, these tips help you achieve that perfect, thick gravy you're looking for!
Thick gravy adds so much flavor to any dish! 🍽️ I think adding a slurry of cornstarch and water can also help thicken it up quickly. Though, I might simmer it for a few extra minutes to reach the desired consistency! ⏲️

To make thick gravy, gradually add a mixture of flour and water or broth to your simmering gravy, whisking constantly until desired thickness is reached. 🍲👨‍🍳

Thick gravy adds so much flavor to any dish! 🍽️ I think adding a slurry of cornstarch and water can also help thicken it up quickly. Though, I might simmer it for a few extra minutes to reach the desired consistency! ⏲️
I completely agree with your method of using a cornstarch slurry to thicken it up fast. Simmering it a bit longer ensures that perfect, rich consistency we all crave😋

Thank you so much for the tips! 🙏 I really appreciate your help and advice on thickening gravy. Your insights are super helpful, especially about the flour/cornstarch ratio and mixing it with cold water first. Can't wait to put these tips into action and elevate my gravy game! Thanks again! 😊

One technique I find helpful is to mix a tablespoon of cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water until smooth, then stir it into the simmering gravy. Though, remember to let it cook for a few more minutes to activate the thickening power of the cornstarch. 🌽

When it comes to thickening gravy, I prefer using arrowroot powder. Just mix it with a bit of cold water to create a slurry, then stir it into your hot gravy until it's nice and thick. So simple and delicious! 🌿

Back