Hummingbird Nectar Recipe

bhella

Culinary Explorer
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share a simple recipe for making Hummingbird Nectar. It's perfect if you have a feeder in your garden and want to attract these beautiful little birds. It's super easy to make and only requires a couple of ingredients.

Ingredients:​

• 1 cup of white granulated sugar
  • 4 cups of water

Instructions:​

1. Boil the Water: Start by bringing the 4 cups of water to a boil. This helps to dissolve the sugar completely and ensures any impurities are killed off.
  2. Add the Sugar: Once the water is boiling, remove it from heat and add the 1 cup of sugar. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved. You want the mixture to be clear and not cloudy.
  3. Cool the Mixture: Let the nectar cool to room temperature. This is important because hot nectar can harm the hummingbirds.
  4. Fill the Feeder: Once the nectar is cool, pour it into your hummingbird feeder. Make sure the feeder is clean to prevent mold growth.
  5. Store the Extra: You can store any extra nectar in the refrigerator for up to a week. Just remember to bring it to room temperature before refilling the feeder.
A few tips:

• Avoid using red dye or food coloring. It's unnecessary and can be harmful to the birds.
  • Clean your feeder regularly to keep it safe and hygienic for your feathered friends.
I've been using this recipe for a while, and it works like a charm. The hummingbirds love it, and it's always a joy to see them buzzing around. Happy bird watching!
Hummingbird Nectar Recipe.jpg

Would love to hear if anyone else has tips or variations on this!

This hummingbird nectar recipe is the perfect tweet-ment! 🐦 So easy to make with just sugar and water, and it's way healthier for those little guys than store-bought stuff with all the extra junk. Gonna try this out and hopefully my yard becomes a hummingbird haven! 🤗

This Hummingbird Nectar recipe is so sweet! 🌺🐦 Can’t wait to attract some feathered friends to my garden. Thanks for the tip!

Awesome recipe! Thanks for sharing—it’s great to have a simple and natural way to attract hummingbirds. Definitely going to give this a try! 🐦✨

Back