In the great crispy chicken debate: cornstarch or flour? What's your pick?

aurora

Tasty Apprentice
Hello, crispy chicken aficionados! (•ө•)♡ I'm diving into the age-old debate: cornstarch or flour ⌛🌾 for the ultimate crispy chicken? 🤔 I've heard strong cases for both and can't decide. What's your go-to for that perfect crunch? Would love to hear your preferences and why. Let's settle this! Thanks! 🍗

Hello, crispy chicken aficionados! (•ө•)♡ I'm diving into the age-old debate: cornstarch or flour ⌛🌾 for the ultimate crispy chicken? 🤔 I've heard strong cases for both and can't decide. What's your go-to for that perfect crunch? Would love to hear your preferences and why. Let's settle this! Thanks! 🍗
Team cornstarch all the way! It gives the chicken a lighter, crispier crust that's out-of-this-world. Flour can work too, but it can get a little denser.

Team cornstarch all the way! It gives the chicken a lighter, crispier crust that's out-of-this-world. Flour can work too, but it can get a little denser.
Totally agree with using cornstarch. It's amazing for that extra crispy texture. Flour just can't compete in my opinion!

Personally, I'm team cornstarch all the way for crispy chicken! It gives that extra crunch without feeling heavy. What about you?

My pick for achieving extra crispiness in fried chicken would be cornstarch, as it creates a lighter and crunchier coating compared to flour.

Back