Indian Rice Recipe

lomiloml

Novice Foodie
indian-style-rice-5.jpg

I recently tried my hand at making a delightful Indian rice recipe that I just had to share. It's a simple yet flavorful dish that's perfect for any meal. Let’s dive into the ingredients and steps.

Ingredients:​

• 1 cup basmati rice
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 tablespoon ghee or oil
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • 2-3 cloves
  • 2-3 green cardamom pods
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
  • 1 green chili, slit (optional for a bit of heat)
  • Salt to taste
  • Fresh cilantro for garnish

Instructions:​

1. Rinse the Rice: Start by rinsing the basmati rice under cold water until the water runs clear. This helps to remove excess starch and keeps the rice from becoming too sticky.
  2. Sauté the Spices: Heat the ghee or oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom pods, and bay leaf. Sauté for about a minute until the spices are fragrant.
  3. Cook the Onions: Add the finely chopped onion to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden brown.
  4. Add the Aromatics: Stir in the ginger-garlic paste and the green chili (if using). Cook for another minute until the raw smell of the ginger and garlic disappears.
  5. Cook the Rice: Add the rinsed rice to the pot and gently stir to coat the rice with the ghee and spices. Pour in the water, add salt to taste, and bring the mixture to a boil.
  6. Simmer: Once it reaches a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid, and let it simmer for about 15 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked and the water is absorbed.
  7. Rest and Fluff: Turn off the heat and let the rice sit covered for another 5 minutes. Fluff the rice gently with a fork.
  8. Garnish and Serve: Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot.
This Indian rice recipe turned out beautifully fragrant and flavorful, and it paired perfectly with my favorite curry. The whole kitchen smelled divine! Give it a try next time you’re looking to elevate your rice game – it’s a simple addition that makes any meal feel special. Enjoy!

This Indian rice recipe is absolutely fantastic! The blend of spices creates such a rich aroma, and it paired wonderfully with my chicken curry. It's definitely going into my regular recipe rotation. Thanks for sharing! 🍚🌿

View attachment 4759

I recently tried my hand at making a delightful Indian rice recipe that I just had to share. It's a simple yet flavorful dish that's perfect for any meal. Let’s dive into the ingredients and steps.

Ingredients:​

• 1 cup basmati rice
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 tablespoon ghee or oil
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • 2-3 cloves
  • 2-3 green cardamom pods
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
  • 1 green chili, slit (optional for a bit of heat)
  • Salt to taste
  • Fresh cilantro for garnish

Instructions:​

1. Rinse the Rice: Start by rinsing the basmati rice under cold water until the water runs clear. This helps to remove excess starch and keeps the rice from becoming too sticky.
  2. Sauté the Spices: Heat the ghee or oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom pods, and bay leaf. Sauté for about a minute until the spices are fragrant.
  3. Cook the Onions: Add the finely chopped onion to the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden brown.
  4. Add the Aromatics: Stir in the ginger-garlic paste and the green chili (if using). Cook for another minute until the raw smell of the ginger and garlic disappears.
  5. Cook the Rice: Add the rinsed rice to the pot and gently stir to coat the rice with the ghee and spices. Pour in the water, add salt to taste, and bring the mixture to a boil.
  6. Simmer: Once it reaches a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid, and let it simmer for about 15 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked and the water is absorbed.
  7. Rest and Fluff: Turn off the heat and let the rice sit covered for another 5 minutes. Fluff the rice gently with a fork.
  8. Garnish and Serve: Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot.
This Indian rice recipe turned out beautifully fragrant and flavorful, and it paired perfectly with my favorite curry. The whole kitchen smelled divine! Give it a try next time you’re looking to elevate your rice game – it’s a simple addition that makes any meal feel special. Enjoy!
Love a good Indian rice recipe! Can't wait to try this with my next curry night! 🍛🍚

Back