Indonesian-Inspired Coconut Curry Shrimp

yunggunna

Culinary Explorer
Selamat datang, food enthusiasts! Today, I'm thrilled to share a tantalizing fusion dish inspired by the exotic flavors of Indonesia – Coconut Curry Shrimp. This recipe combines succulent shrimp with aromatic herbs and spices in a creamy coconut curry sauce that's sure to transport you to the enchanting islands of Southeast Asia. So, let's embark on a culinary journey and savor the vibrant flavors of Indonesia with a twist!
coconut-curry-shrimp_thecozyapron_1.jpg

Ingredients:

• 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon grated ginger
  • 2 tablespoons red curry paste
  • 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
  • 1 tablespoon fish sauce
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • 1 cup snap peas, trimmed
  • Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
  • Cooked rice or noodles, for serving
Instructions:

1. Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
  2. Stir in the minced garlic and grated ginger, and cook for another minute until fragrant.
  3. Add the red curry paste to the skillet and cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes to toast the spices and release their flavors.
  4. Pour in the coconut milk, fish sauce, brown sugar, and lime juice, stirring to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
  5. Add the sliced red bell pepper and snap peas to the skillet, and simmer for an additional 2-3 minutes until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
  6. Gently add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until they turn pink and opaque.
  7. Once the shrimp are cooked through, remove the skillet from the heat. Taste the curry sauce and adjust the seasoning if needed, adding more fish sauce or lime juice to taste.
  8. Serve the Indonesian-Inspired Coconut Curry Shrimp hot over cooked rice or noodles, garnished with fresh cilantro leaves for a burst of freshness.
  9. Enjoy the exotic flavors of Indonesia with each savory, aromatic bite of this Coconut Curry Shrimp dish. It's a culinary adventure that'll transport you to tropical paradise with every mouthful!
Indulge in the rich, aromatic flavors of Southeast Asia with this Indonesian-inspired Coconut Curry Shrimp recipe. It's a delightful fusion of spices, herbs, and creamy coconut milk that's sure to impress your taste buds and leave you craving more. Selamat makan (enjoy your meal)!

This recipe is an absolute flavor explosion! 🍤🥥 The blend of spices, creamy coconut milk, and succulent shrimp took my taste buds on a culinary adventure. It's so satisfyingly rich and fragrant – I couldn't get enough! Plus, it was surprisingly simple to make, which is always a win in my book. This dish transported me to the streets of Indonesia with every bite. Thanks for sharing such an amazing recipe – it's definitely going into my regular rotation! 🌶️🍛

Your Coconut Curry Shrimp sounds amazing! Can't wait to try it out and taste those vibrant Indonesian flavors with a twist. Thanks for sharing!🥥🦐😊

Back