Insanely Good Kofta Recipe

becky_bake

Culinary Explorer
Alright, my friends, get ready to have your taste buds blown away because today we're talking about kofta – those juicy, flavor-packed meatballs that'll make you want to ditch your diet and go for seconds and thirds! 👀🤭 This recipe comes straight from our family friend, Aunty Zara, and let me tell you, she knows a thing or two about making kofta that'll make you weak in the knees 🤤

kofta_meatballs.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground beef (or lamb, or a mix of both)
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp grated ginger
  • 1 tsp garam masala
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp coriander powder
  • 1 tsp red chili powder (or to taste)
  • 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 1 egg
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Vegetable oil for frying
For the curry sauce:
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 3 tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 tsp cumin seeds
  • 1 tsp coriander powder
  • 1 tsp red chili powder
  • Salt to taste
Instructions:
  1. In a large bowl, combine the ground meat, chopped onion, garlic, ginger, garam masala, cumin, coriander powder, red chili powder, cilantro, egg, salt, and pepper. Use your hands to mix everything together until well incorporated.
  2. Divide the mixture into lemon-sized balls and set them aside on a plate.
  3. Heat a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet or pan over medium-high heat. Fry the kofta in batches, turning occasionally, until they're golden brown on all sides (about 8-10 minutes total).
  4. Transfer the fried kofta to a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
  5. In the same pan (or a separate one if you prefer), heat a little more oil and add the sliced onion. Sauté until it's translucent and fragrant.
  6. Add the chopped tomatoes, cumin seeds, coriander powder, red chili powder, and salt. Let the sauce simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until it thickens up and the flavors have melded together.
  7. Gently add the fried kofta to the sauce and let everything simmer for another 5 minutes or so.
  8. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot with naan, rice, or your favorite sides!
These little meatballs are packed with so much flavor, you'll be dreaming about them for days. Scoop 'em up with some fluffy naan or fragrant basmati rice, and get ready to experience a taste of heaven. Enjoy! 🤗

This Kofta recipe looks fantastic! 😍 I’ve always wanted to try making these at home. The blend of spices and herbs sounds mouthwatering. Can't wait to give it a go this weekend. Any tips on getting them perfectly juicy and tender? 🍖🧆

The kofta dish from Aunty Zara seems like a flavorful trip that will lead to pure gastronomic delight! 🍽️💫 Your taste buds will dance when you combine aromatic spices, juicy ground meat, and rich curry sauce. And cooking the kofta till they are golden brown? Absolute mastery! I can't wait to make this ridiculously delicious dinner again and relish each bite of deliciousness. I appreciate you sharing this delicious dish! 🤤🌶

Alright, my friends, get ready to have your taste buds blown away because today we're talking about kofta – those juicy, flavor-packed meatballs that'll make you want to ditch your diet and go for seconds and thirds! 👀🤭 This recipe comes straight from our family friend, Aunty Zara, and let me tell you, she knows a thing or two about making kofta that'll make you weak in the knees 🤤

View attachment 3318
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground beef (or lamb, or a mix of both)
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp grated ginger
  • 1 tsp garam masala
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp coriander powder
  • 1 tsp red chili powder (or to taste)
  • 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 1 egg
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Vegetable oil for frying
For the curry sauce:
  • 1 onion, sliced
  • 3 tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 tsp cumin seeds
  • 1 tsp coriander powder
  • 1 tsp red chili powder
  • Salt to taste
Instructions:
  1. In a large bowl, combine the ground meat, chopped onion, garlic, ginger, garam masala, cumin, coriander powder, red chili powder, cilantro, egg, salt, and pepper. Use your hands to mix everything together until well incorporated.
  2. Divide the mixture into lemon-sized balls and set them aside on a plate.
  3. Heat a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet or pan over medium-high heat. Fry the kofta in batches, turning occasionally, until they're golden brown on all sides (about 8-10 minutes total).
  4. Transfer the fried kofta to a plate lined with paper towels to drain any excess oil.
  5. In the same pan (or a separate one if you prefer), heat a little more oil and add the sliced onion. Sauté until it's translucent and fragrant.
  6. Add the chopped tomatoes, cumin seeds, coriander powder, red chili powder, and salt. Let the sauce simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until it thickens up and the flavors have melded together.
  7. Gently add the fried kofta to the sauce and let everything simmer for another 5 minutes or so.
  8. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot with naan, rice, or your favorite sides!
These little meatballs are packed with so much flavor, you'll be dreaming about them for days. Scoop 'em up with some fluffy naan or fragrant basmati rice, and get ready to experience a taste of heaven. Enjoy! 🤗
This kofta recipe looks absolutely amazing! I can't wait to try it out – love how flavorful and juicy kofta always turns out. Perfect for a weekend feast! 🍽️🙌

Wow, this kofta recipe looks insanely good! 😍 Can't wait to give it a try this weekend! Thanks for sharing your culinary masterpiece with us!

Back