Irish Beef and Guinness Stew

cb100397

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! 🍀 I am so excited to share with you the recipe for the Irish Beef and Guinness Stew! 💚🥩 It's a classic dish packed with tender beef, flavorful veggies, and a rich Guinness stout broth. Perfect for cozy nights in or celebrating St. Patrick's Day in style.🍲✨

Irish Beef and Guinness Stew.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs stewing beef, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 onions, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
  • 2 stalks celery, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 can (14.9 oz) Guinness stout
  • 2 cups beef broth
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
  • Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Instructions:
  1. Season the stewing beef with salt and pepper. In a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef in batches and brown on all sides. Remove the beef from the pot and set aside.
  2. In the same pot, add the chopped onions, minced garlic, carrots, and celery. Cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5-7 minutes.
  3. Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir to coat. Cook for an additional 2 minutes to cook out the raw flour taste.
  4. Pour in the Guinness stout and beef broth, stirring to deglaze the bottom of the pot and loosen any browned bits. Return the browned beef to the pot.
  5. Add the bay leaves, dried thyme, and Worcestershire sauce to the pot. Bring the stew to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for about 1.5 to 2 hours, or until the beef is tender.
  6. About 30 minutes before serving, add the diced potatoes to the stew. Continue to simmer until the potatoes are fork-tender.
  7. Taste the stew and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed. Remove the bay leaves before serving.
  8. Serve the Irish Beef and Guinness Stew hot, garnished with chopped fresh parsley. Enjoy this comforting Irish classic with some crusty bread or mashed potatoes on the side!

Your Irish Beef and Guinness Stew recipe looks incredible! 🍲🍀 It's such a hearty and comforting dish, perfect for cozy nights in. I can only imagine the rich flavors that the Guinness adds to the stew. Can't wait to try making it myself! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us! 🌟

Hey everyone! 🍀 I am so excited to share with you the recipe for the Irish Beef and Guinness Stew! 💚🥩 It's a classic dish packed with tender beef, flavorful veggies, and a rich Guinness stout broth. Perfect for cozy nights in or celebrating St. Patrick's Day in style.🍲✨

500×462
94.1 kB

View attachment 2144

Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs stewing beef, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 onions, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
  • 2 stalks celery, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 can (14.9 oz) Guinness stout
  • 2 cups beef broth
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
  • Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Instructions:
  1. Season the stewing beef with salt and pepper. In a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef in batches and brown on all sides. Remove the beef from the pot and set aside.
  2. In the same pot, add the chopped onions, minced garlic, carrots, and celery. Cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5-7 minutes.
  3. Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir to coat. Cook for an additional 2 minutes to cook out the raw flour taste.
  4. Pour in the Guinness stout and beef broth, stirring to deglaze the bottom of the pot and loosen any browned bits. Return the browned beef to the pot.
  5. Add the bay leaves, dried thyme, and Worcestershire sauce to the pot. Bring the stew to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for about 1.5 to 2 hours, or until the beef is tender.
  6. About 30 minutes before serving, add the diced potatoes to the stew. Continue to simmer until the potatoes are fork-tender.
  7. Taste the stew and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed. Remove the bay leaves before serving.
  8. Serve the Irish Beef and Guinness Stew hot, garnished with chopped fresh parsley. Enjoy this comforting Irish classic with some crusty bread or mashed potatoes on the side!
Thanks for sharing this recipe! Irish Beef and Guinness Stew sounds like the ultimate comfort food, especially on a chilly day. I can just imagine the rich and hearty flavors of tender beef, vegetables, and Guinness stout coming together in a savory stew. Plus, it's perfect for warming up the soul and enjoying with a slice of crusty bread. Can't wait to make a big pot of this stew for dinner tonight!

Irish Beef and Guinness Stew sounds like the ultimate comfort food! 🍀🥩 Can't wait to try this hearty dish, especially on chilly evenings. The combination of tender beef, rich gravy, and Guinness... yum! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

I've heard so much about Irish Beef and Guinness Stew – it's about time I tried making it myself! 🤔🥣 Excited to cook up a pot and enjoy the hearty flavors of Ireland. Thanks for the inspiration!

I've heard so much about Irish Beef and Guinness Stew – it's about time I tried making it myself! 🤔🥣 Excited to cook up a pot and enjoy the hearty flavors of Ireland. Thanks for the inspiration!
It's a top pick for me. Mixing those tasty bits together is like a warm hug for your taste buds. The smell alone? Pure coziness. You're in for a real treat! Can't wait for you to try those Irish flavors✨

Back