Irish Colcannon Recipe

cb100397

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I wanted to share a delicious and comforting Irish dish with you all: Colcannon! It's super easy to make and incredibly satisfying. Perfect for celebrating St. Patrick's Day or just enjoying a cozy meal anytime. Give it a try, and let me know what you think!
Irish Colcannon recipe.jpg

Ingredients:

• 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 4 tablespoons butter (divided)
  • 1 small head cabbage or a bunch of kale, finely shredded
  • 1 cup milk or cream
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Optional: chopped scallions or leeks for extra flavor
Instructions:

1. Boil the diced potatoes in a large pot of salted water until tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
  2. In a separate pot, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the shredded cabbage or kale and cook until wilted and tender, about 8-10 minutes.
  3. Mash the cooked potatoes with the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and milk or cream until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Stir the cooked cabbage or kale into the mashed potatoes until well combined.
  5. If desired, mix in chopped scallions or leeks for extra flavor.
  6. Serve the Colcannon hot, garnished with an extra pat of butter if desired.

Oh, this takes me back! Can't wait to whip up a batch of this cozy comfort food. Perfect for St. Patrick's Day or any day you need some Irish flair in your meal. Thanks for sharing the recipe! 🍀🥔

Oh, this takes me back! Can't wait to whip up a batch of this cozy comfort food. Perfect for St. Patrick's Day or any day you need some Irish flair in your meal. Thanks for sharing the recipe! 🍀🥔
Oh, Irish Colcannon is a family favorite! 🥔🍀 I think sprinkling some chopped chives on top adds a fresh burst of flavor, though.

Hey everyone! I wanted to share a delicious and comforting Irish dish with you all: Colcannon! It's super easy to make and incredibly satisfying. Perfect for celebrating St. Patrick's Day or just enjoying a cozy meal anytime. Give it a try, and let me know what you think!
900×600
174.3 kB

View attachment 2212

Ingredients:

• 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 4 tablespoons butter (divided)
  • 1 small head cabbage or a bunch of kale, finely shredded
  • 1 cup milk or cream
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Optional: chopped scallions or leeks for extra flavor
Instructions:

1. Boil the diced potatoes in a large pot of salted water until tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
  2. In a separate pot, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the shredded cabbage or kale and cook until wilted and tender, about 8-10 minutes.
  3. Mash the cooked potatoes with the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and milk or cream until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Stir the cooked cabbage or kale into the mashed potatoes until well combined.
  5. If desired, mix in chopped scallions or leeks for extra flavor.
  6. Serve the Colcannon hot, garnished with an extra pat of butter if desired.
Thanks for sharing the recipe! I'm always down to try new comfort foods, and this one sounds like a winner. 😋 Can't wait to give it a shot!

Back