Is granola a carb or protein?

Joseez

Culinary Explorer
Kitchen friends, quick question: Is granola more of a carb or protein? Always thought this crunchy snack was mostly carbs, but then someone threw me off saying it's packed with proteins. Kinda confused here. Would love some insight from you guys. What’s the deal with granola?

Granola is often consumed as a source of carbohydrates and energy, but it can also contribute some protein and healthy fats to your diet, especially when paired with yogurt, milk, or other protein-rich foods. 😉

Kitchen friends, quick question: Is granola more of a carb or protein? Always thought this crunchy snack was mostly carbs, but then someone threw me off saying it's packed with proteins. Kinda confused here. Would love some insight from you guys. What’s the deal with granola?
Granola is primarily a carbohydrate-rich food, but it often contains nuts and seeds, which contribute some protein. However, its main focus is on providing energy from carbohydrates. So, think of it as your go-to fuel for the day with a hint of protein! 🌟🥣

I have a wonderful sourdough granola recipe!! However, to answer your question, it just depends on what you put in it, and homemade is definitely better and what I prefer. Processed foods are never good. The more nuts and seeds the more protein. If you use oats, that’s a carb. Our bodies need both macros daily for energy and good nutrition. I wouldn't worry about it and enjoy some homemade granola as suggested with some yogurt or milk for calcium. You get good fats from the granola as well if you make it with extra virgin olive oil.

Back