Jambalaya Recipe

Alfredo

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone, I want to introduce you to a classic Southern dish that's bursting with flavor: Jambalaya! 🎉 This one-pot wonder combines Andouille sausage, chicken, and a variety of spices with rice for a hearty and delicious meal. Let's get cooking!

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb (450g) Andouille sausage, sliced
    148×227
    92.3 kB

1717221959416.png
  • 1 lb (450g) chicken breast or thighs, diced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 bell pepper, diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 cups (400g) long-grain rice
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
  • 3 cups (710ml) chicken broth
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Optional: shrimp, celery, hot sauce
Instructions:
  1. In a large skillet or Dutch oven, cook the Andouille sausage over medium heat until browned. Remove and set aside.
  2. Add the diced chicken to the skillet and cook until browned and cooked through. Remove and set aside.
  3. In the same skillet, sauté the onion, bell pepper, and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes.
  4. Stir in the rice, diced tomatoes (with juices), chicken broth, paprika, thyme, oregano, Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper.
  5. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the rice is cooked and most of the liquid is absorbed.
  6. Stir in the cooked sausage and chicken, and any optional ingredients like shrimp or celery. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until heated through.

Serve hot and enjoy your homemade jambalaya!

Hey everyone! Jambalaya is one of my favorite dishes. The mix of sausage, chicken, and spices with rice is so tasty. It's a flavor party in one pot!
Tip: Try adding shrimp or a little hot sauce for an extra kick. It makes it even better! 🥰

Yum! 🤤 This Jambalaya Recipe is giving me serious cravings! 🍤🔥 Can't wait to add some Cajun flair to my dinner lineup! Thanks for sharing!

🔥 Just made this jambalaya recipe and my taste buds are doing a happy dance! Spicy, flavorful, and oh-so-satisfying! 🍤🌶️

Back