Japanese Milk Bread Recipe

KainGo127

Culinary Explorer

Hello there! Check out this Japanese Milk Bread recipe—it's pure magic! 🍞 Super soft and fluffy, perfect for sandwiches or just tearing into chunks straight from the oven. Give it a try and elevate your bread game! #BreadHeaven #JapaneseMilkBread 🥯

Japanese Milk Bread Recipe​

Japanese Milk Bread Recipe (1).jpg

Ingredients:

Tangzhong:

• 3 tablespoons (43g) water
  • 3 tablespoons (43g) whole milk
  • 2 tablespoons (14g) King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
Dough:

• 2 1/2 cups (300g) King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
  • 2 tablespoons (14g) King Arthur Baker's Special Dry Milk or nonfat dry milk
  • 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon (6g) table salt
  • 1 tablespoon instant yeast
  • 1/2 cup (113g) whole milk
  • 1 large egg
  • 4 tablespoons (57g) unsalted butter, melted
Instructions:

1. Make the Tangzhong:
    • In a small saucepan, whisk together water, milk, and bread flour until smooth.
    • Cook over low heat, whisking constantly, until thickened (3-5 minutes).
    • Transfer to a bowl or measuring cup and let cool to lukewarm.
  2. Make the Dough:
    • Combine tangzhong with all dough ingredients in a mixing bowl.
    • Mix and knead with a stand mixer or bread machine until smooth and elastic (about 15 minutes).
  3. First Rise:
    • Shape dough into a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl.
    • Cover and let rise for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until puffy.
  4. Shape the Loaf:
    • Gently deflate dough and divide into four equal pieces.
    • Flatten each piece into a 5" x 8" rectangle, then fold the short ends towards each other (like folding a letter).
    • Flatten again into rectangles (about 3" x 6"), then roll each into a 4" log.
    • Place logs seam side down, side by side, in a lightly greased 9" x 5" loaf pan.
  5. Second Rise:
    • Cover loaf and let it rest/rise for 40 to 50 minutes, until puffy.
  6. Bake the Bread:
    • Preheat oven to 350°F towards the end of rising time.
    • Brush loaf with milk and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden brown and internal temperature reaches at least 190°F.
  7. Cool and Store:
    • Remove loaf from pan and cool on a rack.
    • Once cooled, store leftovers wrapped well at cool room temperature for 5 to 7 days, or freeze for longer storage.
Enjoy your fluffy Japanese Milk Bread! 🍞

Personally, I find Japanese Milk Bread recipes to be worth the effort for their pillowy texture and subtle sweetness! 🥛🍞 Though using bread flour and milk powder can enhance its flavor and structure.

Personally, I find Japanese Milk Bread recipes to be worth the effort for their pillowy texture and subtle sweetness! 🥛🍞 Though using bread flour and milk powder can enhance its flavor and structure.
Thanks so much for your input! I completely agree—Japanese Milk Bread is definitely worth the effort for that amazing texture and taste. I'll definitely try using bread flour and milk powder next time. 😊

That Japanese Milk Bread recipe looks fire! 🍞 Gonna try making it this weekend—thanks for the hookup!

Back