Japanese-style meat and potatoes

Prel

Culinary Explorer
Today, I want to share a delicious Japanese dish called Nikujaga (meat and potatoes). 🍲 It's a popular comfort food in Japan, and it's super easy to make. 🥔🥕 The flavors are rich and heartwarming, perfect for a cozy meal. 😋🍖

Japanese-style meat and potatoes.jpg

Ingredients​

• 8 snow peas
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • ¼ pound sirloin steak, thinly sliced
  • 4 potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
  • 2 cups dashi soup
  • ¼ cup soy sauce
  • ¼ cup sake
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 onion, chopped

Directions​

1. Put the snow peas in a small saucepan with enough water to cover; bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Drain and set aside.

2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook the beef in the oil until browned. Add the potatoes; cook and stir until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir the dashi soup, soy sauce, sake, and sugar into the mixture; simmer for 10 minutes.

3. Reduce heat to low and scatter the chopped onion over the mixture; allow to simmer until the liquid is nearly completely evaporated, about 15 minutes more. Top the mixture with the snow peas to serve.

Give it a try and enjoy the taste of Japan in your home! 🍽️

Japanese-style meat and potatoes? 🍛🇯🇵 Count me intrigued! Love exploring new flavors, can't wait to recreate this dish at home. Thanks for sharing the inspiration!

Today, I want to share a delicious Japanese dish called Nikujaga (meat and potatoes). 🍲 It's a popular comfort food in Japan, and it's super easy to make. 🥔🥕 The flavors are rich and heartwarming, perfect for a cozy meal. 😋🍖

View attachment 3333

Ingredients​

• 8 snow peas
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • ¼ pound sirloin steak, thinly sliced
  • 4 potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
  • 2 cups dashi soup
  • ¼ cup soy sauce
  • ¼ cup sake
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 onion, chopped

Directions​

1. Put the snow peas in a small saucepan with enough water to cover; bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Drain and set aside.

2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook the beef in the oil until browned. Add the potatoes; cook and stir until soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir the dashi soup, soy sauce, sake, and sugar into the mixture; simmer for 10 minutes.

3. Reduce heat to low and scatter the chopped onion over the mixture; allow to simmer until the liquid is nearly completely evaporated, about 15 minutes more. Top the mixture with the snow peas to serve.

Give it a try and enjoy the taste of Japan in your home! 🍽️
This Japanese-style meat and potatoes recipe sounds like the perfect comfort food! Can’t wait to try it out. Thanks for sharing! 🍲🥔🍖

I've always wanted to try making Nikujaga at home. The ingredients list looks simple enough, and I love how it uses dashi for that authentic flavor. Can't wait to give it a go—perfect for a cozy dinner! 😊🍖🥔

Back