Jelly Trifle Cakes Recipe

johnlloyd

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I wanted to share one of my all-time favorite desserts—Jelly Trifle Cakes! They’re super easy to make, and they look beautiful when served. Perfect for gatherings or just a sweet treat at home. Here’s how to make them:

Ingredients:​

• For the Cake:
    • 1 box of vanilla sponge cake mix (or your favorite homemade sponge cake recipe)
    • 3 large eggs
    • 1/2 cup water
    • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • For the Jelly Layer:
    • 2 cups of your favorite flavored jelly (strawberry or raspberry work great!)
    • 1 cup boiling water
    • 1 cup cold water
  • For the Cream Layer:
    • 2 cups heavy whipping cream
    • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • For Garnishing:
    • Fresh fruits (like berries or sliced peaches)
    • Mint leaves (optional)

Instructions:​

1. Bake the Cake:
    • Preheat your oven according to the cake mix instructions.
    • Prepare the cake mix by combining the sponge cake mix, eggs, water, and vegetable oil in a mixing bowl. Mix until smooth.
    • Pour the batter into a greased cake pan and bake according to the package instructions. Let it cool completely once done.
  2. Prepare the Jelly:
    • In a bowl, dissolve the jelly powder in boiling water, stirring until completely dissolved.
    • Add cold water and mix well. Pour into a shallow dish and refrigerate until set (about 4 hours or overnight).
  3. Make the Whipped Cream:
    • In a chilled mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until soft peaks form. Be careful not to overbeat!
  4. Assemble the Trifle:
    • Cut the cooled sponge cake into small squares.
    • In a glass or trifle dish, layer the sponge cake pieces, followed by a layer of jelly, and then a layer of whipped cream. Repeat the layers until you reach the top of the dish.
    • Finish with a layer of whipped cream and garnish with fresh fruits and mint leaves.
  5. Chill and Serve:
    • Refrigerate the assembled trifle for at least an hour before serving. This allows the flavors to meld beautifully!
      Jelly Trifle Cakes Recipe.jpg
I think this dessert is always a hit at parties and it looks so colorful! Let me know if you give it a try or if you have any variations of your own. Enjoy! 🍓🍑

Oh wow, this Jelly Trifle Cake looks amazing! 😍 The layers are so colorful and fun! Can’t wait to try this out for my next gathering! 🎉✨ Great job!

Omg, Jelly Trifle Cakes sound amazing! 😍🍰 I love desserts that are both delicious and pretty! I’m definitely trying this out at my next gathering! 🙌🏼 Thanks for sharing!

Back