Kangaroo Steaks with Quandong Sauce

cb100397

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! 🇦🇺 If you’re looking to try something uniquely Australian, Kangaroo Steaks with Quandong Sauce is a must. It’s a delicious combo of lean, flavorful kangaroo meat and a sweet, tangy sauce made from native quandong fruit.
Kangaroo Steaks with Quandong Sauce.jpg

Ingredients:

• 4 kangaroo steaks
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Olive oil for grilling
Quandong Sauce:

• 1 cup dried quandongs (or 1 cup fresh if available)
  • 1 cup red wine
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • Salt to taste
Instructions:

1. Prepare the Quandong Sauce:
    • If using dried quandongs, soak them in water for about 2 hours until rehydrated, then drain.
    • In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, cooking until softened.
    • Add the rehydrated (or fresh) quandongs, red wine, and sugar. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the sauce thickens. Season with salt to taste.
  2. Cook the Kangaroo Steaks:
    • Season the kangaroo steaks with salt and pepper.
    • Heat a grill or a frying pan over high heat. Add a bit of olive oil to prevent sticking.
    • Cook the steaks for about 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare, or longer if you prefer well-done. Kangaroo meat is very lean, so be careful not to overcook it as it can become tough.
  3. Serve:
    • Let the steaks rest for a few minutes after cooking.
    • Serve the kangaroo steaks topped with the warm quandong sauce.
Enjoy this taste of Australia! 🥩🍇

Your Kangaroo Steaks with Quandong Sauce recipe sounds absolutely fascinating! 🦘🍽️ The combination of tender kangaroo meat with the unique, tangy flavor of quandong sauce is so intriguing. I can't wait to try this dish and experience something truly special. Thanks for sharing this amazing recipe! 🌟

Wow, Kangaroo Steaks with Quandong Sauce sounds like such an adventurous dish! I've never tried kangaroo meat before, but pairing it with a unique sauce like quandong sounds deliciously intriguing. Can't wait to give this a try and impress my friends with something totally different! 👩‍🍳

Back