Karjalanpiirakka recipe

stephaniesooenjoyer

Novice Foodie
Hey everyone! 🌟 I am soto share a taste of Finland with you all! Ever heard of Karjalanpiirakka? It's a mouthwatering Finnish pastry with a thin rye crust and a delicious rice or potato filling. Trust me, it's a delightful snack you won't want to miss! 🥟
Karjalanpiirakka recipe.jpg

Ingredients:

• 2 cups rye flour
  • 1 cup boiling water
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup cooked rice porridge or mashed potatoes
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter
  • Egg butter (optional topping):
    • 2 hard-boiled eggs
    • 4 tablespoons softened butter
    • Salt to taste
Instructions:

1. In a bowl, mix the rye flour and salt. Gradually add boiling water while stirring until a dough forms.
  2. Knead the dough on a floured surface until smooth. Divide the dough into small balls and roll them out into thin oval shapes.
  3. Place a spoonful of rice porridge or mashed potatoes in the center of each dough oval. Fold the edges over the filling, leaving the center open.
  4. Bake the pastries on a greased baking sheet at 450°F (230°C) for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
  5. Brush the pastries with melted butter while still warm.
  6. For the egg butter topping, mash the hard-boiled eggs and mix with softened butter until smooth. Season with salt to taste.
  7. Serve the Karjalanpiirakka warm with a dollop of egg butter on top

Karjalanpiirakka recipe? 🇫🇮🥧 Sounds intriguing! Can't wait to taste the flavors of Finland! Thanks for sharing this traditional recipe—I'm excited to give it a go and experience a taste of Finnish cuisine! 🌟👩‍🍳

Karjalanpiirakka, a Finnish delight! 🇫🇮🥧 These thin, rye crust pastries filled with rice pudding or mashed potatoes are a cozy comfort food, perfect for any occasion! 😋✨

Back