🍆 Kashke Bademjan Persian Eggplant Dip 🍆

てって

Novice Foodie
At a potluck, I tasted the most amazing Persian eggplant dip, Kashke Bademjan. I was unable to stop eating it since it was so creamy and wonderful! This is a really simple meal that would wow your visitors, so I thought I would share it with you all. 😋

Kashke Bademjan Persian.jpg
Ingredients
  • 2 lb Eggplant halved lengthwise​
  • 1/2 cup Olive Oil​
  • Kosher Salt​
  • 2 Spanish Onions finely chopped​
  • 2 Garlic Cloves minced​
  • 6 oz Tomato Paste​
  • 1 tsp Ground Cumin​
  • 1 tsp Ground Turmeric​
  • 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper​
  • 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt​
  • 1 tbsp Walnuts chopped​
  • 1 tbsp Fresh Mint chopped​
  • Toasted Pita for serving​
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.​
  2. On the prepared baking sheet, toss the eggplant with 1/4 cup of the olive oil and a pinch of salt to coast, then turn the halves cut-side down. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes, until tender. Let the eggplant halves cool slightly, then using a spoon scoop out the flesh into a food processor and discard the skins.​
  3. While the eggplant roasts, in a large skillet, heat the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened and caramelized, 25-30 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and cook, stirring continuously, until incorporated and caramelized to the colour of rust, about 5 minutes. Add the cumin, turmeric, and cayenne and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 2 more minutes.​
  4. Transfer the onion mixture to the food processor with the eggplant and pulse until well incorporated, keeping the mixture chunky. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt.​
  5. Transfer the dip to a bowl and top with yogurt, swirling with a spoon. Garnish with chopped walnuts and fresh mint. Serve with toasted pita.​
Indulge in the delightful Kashke Bademjan recipe with smoky eggplant, creamy yogurt, and aromatic spices from Iran. Your taste buds will thank you! 🍆🥣

Back