Katsuki Bakugo's Katsudon πŸ”₯

Hey there, foodies! Today, I'm excited to share a recipe inspired by one of my favorite characters from My Hero Academia, Katsuki Bakugo. If you've watched the show, you know he's got quite the fiery personality, and this dish matches his intensity. Introducing Katsudon – a mouthwatering Japanese comfort food that packs a punch! Picture this: crispy fried pork cutlet, simmered in a savory broth with onions and eggs, all served over a bed of steaming rice. It's a flavor explosion that'll leave you feeling like a hero. So, roll up your sleeves and get ready to channel your inner Bakugo in the kitchen. Let's dive in! πŸ₯©πŸ”₯

Ingredients
Katsudon.jpg

• 240g white rice
  • 2 boneless pork chops (about 125g a piece)
  • 3 medium eggs
  • 1 yellow onion
  • 1 scallion
  • 65g panko
  • 1 tbsp flour
  • 120ml dashi stock
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tsp mirin
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • vegetable oil
  • salt & white pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. Rinse and drain the rice thoroughly before cooking it either in a rice cooker or a pot.
  2. Flatten the pork chops to about 1/3 inch thickness by covering them with cling foil and using a heavy object like a pan or rolling pin. Season them with salt and pepper, then lightly coat them with flour.
  3. Slice the onion thinly.
  4. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Aim for the oil level to reach halfway up the sides of the pork chops.
  5. Whisk one egg in a bowl and place panko breadcrumbs in another bowl. Dip the pork chops in the egg, then coat them with breadcrumbs.
  6. Test the oil temperature by dropping some breadcrumbs into the pan; if they sizzle, it's ready. Fry the pork chops until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
  7. Drain excess oil from the pan, then sautΓ© the sliced onions until translucent and slightly caramelized.
  8. In a bowl, mix dashi, soy sauce, mirin, and sugar. In another shallow bowl, lightly beat the remaining eggs.
  9. Slice the fried pork chops into thin strips and chop the scallions.
  10. Pour the dashi mixture over the onions in the pan, then arrange the pork chops on top. Pour the beaten eggs over the pork chops and into the pan. Cook over medium-low heat until the egg is just set.
  11. Serve the katsu over cooked rice, garnished with scallions. Enjoy your meal!

And there you have it, a delicious and satisfying Katsudon recipe inspired by the fiery spirit of Katsuki Bakugo from My Hero Academia. With its crispy pork cutlet, savory broth, and fluffy rice, this dish is sure to make you feel like a hero in your own kitchen. Whether you're a fan of the show or simply love Japanese comfort food, Katsudon is a must-try dish that will leave you craving for more. πŸ«‘πŸ™Œ

Last edited:
Hey there, foodies! Today, I'm excited to share a recipe inspired by one of my favorite characters from My Hero Academia, Katsuki Bakugo. If you've watched the show, you know he's got quite the fiery personality, and this dish matches his intensity. Introducing Katsudon – a mouthwatering Japanese comfort food that packs a punch! Picture this: crispy fried pork cutlet, simmered in a savory broth with onions and eggs, all served over a bed of steaming rice. It's a flavor explosion that'll leave you feeling like a hero. So, roll up your sleeves and get ready to channel your inner Bakugo in the kitchen. Let's dive in! πŸ₯©πŸ”₯

IngredientsView attachment 1118

• 240g white rice
  • 2 boneless pork chops (about 125g a piece)
  • 3 medium eggs
  • 1 yellow onion
  • 1 scallion
  • 65g panko
  • 1 tbsp flour
  • 120ml dashi stock
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tsp mirin
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • vegetable oil
  • salt & white pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. Rinse and drain the rice thoroughly before cooking it either in a rice cooker or a pot.
  2. Flatten the pork chops to about 1/3 inch thickness by covering them with cling foil and using a heavy object like a pan or rolling pin. Season them with salt and pepper, then lightly coat them with flour.
  3. Slice the onion thinly.
  4. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Aim for the oil level to reach halfway up the sides of the pork chops.
  5. Whisk one egg in a bowl and place panko breadcrumbs in another bowl. Dip the pork chops in the egg, then coat them with breadcrumbs.
  6. Test the oil temperature by dropping some breadcrumbs into the pan; if they sizzle, it's ready. Fry the pork chops until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
  7. Drain excess oil from the pan, then sautΓ© the sliced onions until translucent and slightly caramelized.
  8. In a bowl, mix dashi, soy sauce, mirin, and sugar. In another shallow bowl, lightly beat the remaining eggs.
  9. Slice the fried pork chops into thin strips and chop the scallions.
  10. Pour the dashi mixture over the onions in the pan, then arrange the pork chops on top. Pour the beaten eggs over the pork chops and into the pan. Cook over medium-low heat until the egg is just set.
  11. Serve the katsu over cooked rice, garnished with scallions. Enjoy your meal!

And there you have it, a delicious and satisfying Katsudon recipe inspired by the fiery spirit of Katsuki Bakugo from My Hero Academia. With its crispy pork cutlet, savory broth, and fluffy rice, this dish is sure to make you feel like a hero in your own kitchen. Whether you're a fan of the show or simply love Japanese comfort food, Katsudon is a must-try dish that will leave you craving for more. 🫑
64Γ—64 png
3.9 kB

πŸ™Œ
I've tried this Katsudon recipe, and it's legit fire πŸ”₯! The crispy pork cutlet and savory broth combo is unbeatable.πŸ›πŸ‘Œ

Back