Kentucky Fried Chicken (Copycat Recipe) πŸ—

Mui

Culinary Explorer
Hello everyone, I would like to share a recipe that always takes me back to my childhood. It reminds me of diving into the bucket and claiming the crispiest and tastiest piece of Kentucky Fried Chicken. Now, with this recipe, anyone can easily replicate the perfectly seasoned chicken with those 11 secret herbs and spices at home. This copycat recipe for crispy fried chicken is the ultimate comfort food and incredibly satisfying, especially on cold winter nights! 😌

Kentucky Fried Chicken (Copycat Recipe).jpg

Ingredients:

• 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
  • 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup ground paprika
  • 2 tablespoons kosher salt
  • 1 tablespoon dry mustard
  • 1 tablespoon white pepper
  • 2 teaspoons ground ginger
  • 2 teaspoons dried thyme
  • 2 teaspoons dried basil
  • 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon celery salt
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • Canola oil for frying
Instructions:
  1. In a large bowl, pour the buttermilk.
  2. Add the chicken pieces, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
  3. In a shallow dish, combine the flour and all the seasonings.
  4. In a deep fryer or large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, heat about 3-4 inches of canola oil to 350Β°F.
  5. Remove one chicken piece from the buttermilk, letting the excess liquid drip off.
  6. Dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour, pressing it firmly to ensure even coating.
  7. Gently drop the chicken into the hot oil and fry for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
  8. Transfer the fried chicken to a plate or sheet pan lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
  9. Repeat the dredging and frying steps for the remaining chicken pieces, frying about 3-4 pieces at a time.

Enjoy your crispy and flavorful baked fried chicken! ;)

Hey @Mui , I guess it's just from how excited I am to try this recipe. Sifting out the good old times, we go the occasional extra mile to bring back the KFC childhood memories with an easy-as-pie homemade recipe. Should be really nice in cosy night ins. 😁 :love:

Hey @Mui , I guess it's just from how excited I am to try this recipe. Sifting out the good old times, we go the occasional extra mile to bring back the KFC childhood memories with an easy-as-pie homemade recipe. Should be really nice in cosy night ins. 😁 :love:

Sounds like you're super pumped to whip up that homemade KFC recipe! Bringing back those childhood memories, huh? Enjoy your cozy night in with some finger-licking goodness! πŸ˜„πŸ—

Kentucky Fried Chicken copycat recipe? Get ready to bring the Colonel's secret blend of herbs and spices right into your own kitchen! πŸ—πŸŒΏ Coat pieces of chicken in a flavorful mixture of flour and seasonings, then fry until golden and crispy. It's a taste of the South that's finger-lickin' good and sure to satisfy your cravings for that classic KFC flavor. Who needs takeout when you can make it yourself at home? Dig in and enjoy the deliciousness! πŸ—πŸ½οΈ

Hello everyone, I would like to share a recipe that always takes me back to my childhood. It reminds me of diving into the bucket and claiming the crispiest and tastiest piece of Kentucky Fried Chicken. Now, with this recipe, anyone can easily replicate the perfectly seasoned chicken with those 11 secret herbs and spices at home. This copycat recipe for crispy fried chicken is the ultimate comfort food and incredibly satisfying, especially on cold winter nights! 😌

View attachment 2781
Ingredients:

• 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
  • 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup ground paprika
  • 2 tablespoons kosher salt
  • 1 tablespoon dry mustard
  • 1 tablespoon white pepper
  • 2 teaspoons ground ginger
  • 2 teaspoons dried thyme
  • 2 teaspoons dried basil
  • 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon celery salt
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • Canola oil for frying
Instructions:
  1. In a large bowl, pour the buttermilk.
  2. Add the chicken pieces, cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
  3. In a shallow dish, combine the flour and all the seasonings.
  4. In a deep fryer or large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, heat about 3-4 inches of canola oil to 350Β°F.
  5. Remove one chicken piece from the buttermilk, letting the excess liquid drip off.
  6. Dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour, pressing it firmly to ensure even coating.
  7. Gently drop the chicken into the hot oil and fry for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
  8. Transfer the fried chicken to a plate or sheet pan lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
  9. Repeat the dredging and frying steps for the remaining chicken pieces, frying about 3-4 pieces at a time.

Enjoy your crispy and flavorful baked fried chicken! ;)
Hey there! Your recipe makes me want to run to the kitchen right away! Is there anyone out there who doesn't like some crispy fried chicken that brings up all those sweet memories and reminisces?People are likely going to be salivating over this one. πŸ˜‹

Kentucky Fried Chicken copycat recipe? Get ready to bring the Colonel's secret blend of herbs and spices right into your own kitchen! πŸ—πŸŒΏ Coat pieces of chicken in a flavorful mixture of flour and seasonings, then fry until golden and crispy. It's a taste of the South that's finger-lickin' good and sure to satisfy your cravings for that classic KFC flavor. Who needs takeout when you can make it yourself at home? Dig in and enjoy the deliciousness! πŸ—πŸ½οΈ
Hey there! Ready to whip up some homemade KFC-style chicken? Just coat your chicken in a mix of flour and spices, then fry it up until it's crispy and golden. No need for takeout when you can make it yourself and enjoy that finger-lickin' goodness at home! πŸ—πŸ”₯

Hey there! Your recipe makes me want to run to the kitchen right away! Is there anyone out there who doesn't like some crispy fried chicken that brings up all those sweet memories and reminisces?People are likely going to be salivating over this one. πŸ˜‹
Hey! Glad to hear you're feeling inspired! Fried chicken does have that effect on people, huh? It's like a universal comfort food that just hits the spot. πŸ˜‹ Get cookin' and enjoy those tasty memories!

Back