Khao Kluk Kapi (Shrimp Paste Fried Rice)

Xeth_

Tasty Apprentice
Hello food enthusiasts! 🌿✨ Ready to try something truly unique and packed with authentic Thai flavors? Khao Kluk Kapi, or Shrimp Paste Fried Rice, is a savory and aromatic dish that brings the essence of Thailand straight to your plate. Perfect for a hearty meal that’s sure to satisfy!

**Khao Kluk Kapi (Shrimp Paste Fried Rice)**

🍤 **Ingredients:**
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice (preferably day-old)
- 2 tbsp shrimp paste (Kapi)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 100g pork, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green mango, julienned
- 1/2 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup dried shrimp, soaked and drained
- 1 red chili, sliced (optional for heat)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Lime wedges for serving

Khao Kluk Kapi.jpg

🍴 **Instructions:**
1. **Prepare the Rice:** Spread the cooked jasmine rice on a tray to let it dry out a bit if it's freshly cooked. This helps achieve the perfect fried rice texture.
2. **Fry the Garlic:** Heat vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
3. **Cook the Pork:** Add the sliced pork to the wok and stir-fry until it's cooked through and slightly browned.
4. **Add Shrimp Paste:** Stir in the shrimp paste and mix well with the pork and garlic. Cook for another minute until the paste is well incorporated.
5. **Fry the Rice:** Add the cooked rice to the wok, breaking up any clumps, and stir-fry until the rice is evenly coated with the shrimp paste mixture.
6. **Cook the Egg:** Push the rice to one side of the wok and pour the beaten egg into the other side. Scramble the egg until cooked, then mix it into the rice.
7. **Combine Ingredients:** Add the dried shrimp and sliced shallot to the rice. Stir well to combine.
8. **Serve:** Transfer the fried rice to a serving plate. Arrange the julienned green mango, cucumber slices, and sliced red chili around the rice. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with lime wedges.

Indulge in the rich and savory flavors of this traditional Thai dish. Let us know how it turned out in the comments below! 🌺🍚💖

This Khao Kluk Kapi looks amazing! I love how colorful and flavorful it is, and the shrimp paste adds such a unique touch. The mix of ingredients must make it taste so delicious! I can’t wait to try this recipe! 🍤🍚✨

Wow, Khao Kluk Kapi looks incredible! 🍤🍚 I love how you’ve brought this Thai classic to life with that shrimp paste flavor. Can’t wait to try making it myself. Thanks for sharing such a unique and tasty recipe!

Khao Kluk Kapi is such a flavorful dish! 🍚🦐 The shrimp paste really gives the fried rice that deep, umami punch. I love topping it with sliced green mango and a squeeze of lime for some brightness. 😋

Back