Kimchi Pancake

Xeth_

Tasty Apprentice
Since my girlfriend is a big fan of Kimchi, I've discovered a creative way to incorporate it into pancakes. It's a delightful blend of Korean flavors and classic breakfast comfort food.

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup kimchi, chopped
1/4 cup kimchi juice
1/4 cup water
1 egg
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon vegetable oil (for frying)
Salt and pepper to taste

GF Kimchi Pancake.jpg

Instructions:

Prepare the Batter:
In a mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, chopped kimchi, kimchi juice, water, egg, sliced green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined and the batter is smooth.

Heat the Pan:
Heat a non-stick skillet or frying pan over medium heat. Add a tablespoon of vegetable oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.

Cook the Pancakes:
Once the pan is hot, pour a ladleful of the kimchi pancake batter into the center of the pan, spreading it out into a thin, even layer with the back of the ladle.
Cook the pancake for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy. Use a spatula to flip the pancake and cook the other side.

Repeat:
Repeat the process with the remaining batter, adding more vegetable oil to the pan as needed.

Serve:
Transfer the cooked kimchi pancakes to a serving plate and cut into wedges.
Serve the pancakes hot, with your favorite dipping sauce on the side if desired.

They're perfect for sharing with friends and family, or simply indulging in a flavorful Korean-inspired treat on your own!

Hi! 😊 Kimchi pancakes are a must-try for anyone who loves Korean cuisine! 🇰🇷 Though it might seem unusual to put kimchi in pancakes, I think it adds a delicious tanginess and umami flavor that's simply irresistible. 🍴

Your Kimchi Pancake recipe sounds delicious! 🥞🌶️ Kimchi adds such a flavorful twist to traditional pancakes. One tip I have for ensuring the pancake holds together well is to make sure the batter isn't too watery and that the pan is adequately heated before pouring it in. Also, adding a bit of rice flour can help with achieving that crispy texture.

Back