Korean Bibimbap

ziggythecat

Novice Foodie
Hey guys! I made Korean bibimbap last week, and it turned out really yummy! Let me share how I made it:

Ingredients (for 2 servings):

• 2 cups cooked rice
  • 1 carrot, julienned
  • 1 zucchini, julienned
  • 1 cup spinach
  • 1 cup bean sprouts
  • 2 eggs
  • 200g beef (or tofu for a vegetarian option)
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • Gochujang (Korean chili paste), to taste
  • Sesame seeds, for garnish
  • Vegetable oil, for cooking
Instructions:
  • Start by cooking your rice according to package instructions. Once cooked, set it aside and let it cool slightly.
  • Meanwhile, prepare your vegetables. Julienne the carrot and zucchini, blanch the spinach, and cook the bean sprouts in boiling water for a couple of minutes. Drain and set aside.
  • In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, sesame oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Marinate the beef (or tofu) in this mixture for about 15 minutes.
  • Heat a bit of vegetable oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the marinated beef (or tofu) until cooked through. Set aside.
  • In the same pan, fry the eggs sunny-side up or over-easy, depending on your preference.
  • Now it's time to assemble! Divide the cooked rice between two bowls. Arrange the cooked vegetables and beef (or tofu) on top of the rice.
  • Top each bowl with a fried egg and a dollop of gochujang for some extra flavor and heat.
  • Sprinkle sesame seeds over the bowls for garnish, and serve hot.
Enjoy your homemade bibimbap with all those delicious flavors and textures coming together in every bite! 🍲 Hope you give it a try and enjoy it as much as I did!

Korean bibimbap is truly appetizing! 😋 It is a dish full of flavor and satisfaction, with it's vibrant colors and savory ingredients. I'm glad that yours came out as good as it did! Thank you for sharing your recipe!🫕

Your Korean bibimbap recipe sounds delicious! It's such a yummy dish, packed with wholesome ingredients like vegetables and rice. Also, the addition of gochujang adds that perfect spicy kick. I can't wait to try making this at home;)

I've been craving for bibimbap since yesterday coz of watching kdrama lol... Your post just came up on time. Will surely try this recipe soon!

Wow, thanks for sharing this Korean Bibimbap recipe! It looks amazing and I can't wait to try making it myself.

Back