Lebanese Kibbeh Recipe

otterlyslick

Culinary Explorer
kibbeh-feature-image.jpg

Kibbeh is a beloved Lebanese dish that showcases a delightful blend of flavors and textures. I recently made this dish, and the combination of spiced ground meat, bulgur wheat, and aromatic herbs is simply irresistible. Kibbeh can be served in various forms, but I’ll share a classic recipe for baked Kibbeh that’s sure to impress! Let’s get cooking! 🍽️

Ingredients:​

For the Kibbeh:
  • 1 cup fine bulgur wheat
  • 1 lb ground beef or lamb (or a mix of both)
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1/2 tsp ground allspice
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp cumin
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
For the Filling:
  • 1 lb ground beef or lamb
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup pine nuts (or walnuts), toasted
  • 1/2 tsp allspice
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tbsp olive oil

Instructions:​

1. Prepare the Bulgur: Rinse the bulgur wheat in cold water and soak it in warm water for about 30 minutes, until it softens. Drain any excess water and squeeze out moisture using a clean kitchen towel.
  2. Make the Kibbeh Mixture: In a large bowl, combine the soaked bulgur, ground meat, chopped onion, parsley, allspice, cinnamon, cumin, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly until well combined. Set aside.
  3. Prepare the Filling: In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until translucent. Add the ground meat and cook until browned. Stir in the toasted pine nuts, allspice, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes, then remove from heat and let it cool.
  4. Assemble the Kibbeh: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a baking dish (about 9x13 inches). Press half of the Kibbeh mixture into the bottom of the dish, creating an even layer.
  5. Add the Filling: Spread the meat filling evenly over the Kibbeh base. Then, top with the remaining Kibbeh mixture, smoothing it out to cover the filling.
  6. Score and Bake: Using a sharp knife, score the top of the Kibbeh into diamond or square shapes. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake in the preheated oven for about 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
  7. Serve: Let the Kibbeh cool for a few minutes before cutting into pieces. Serve warm, garnished with fresh parsley, and alongside yogurt or a fresh salad.
Lebanese Kibbeh is a hearty and flavorful dish that brings the warmth of Middle Eastern cuisine to your table. It’s perfect for gatherings or family dinners, and the leftovers (if there are any!) are just as delicious the next day. Enjoy this wonderful dish! 😊

Oh wow, this Lebanese Kibbeh looks fantastic! 😍 I love the combination of flavors and textures—such a delicious comfort food! I can’t wait to try making this at home. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Kibbeh sounds amazing! 😍 I love how it combines all those flavors and textures! Can’t wait to try your baked recipe! Let’s get cooking! 🍽️✨

Back