Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken

LunaWhisperer

Novice Foodie
Looking to add a burst of flavor to your dinner table? Say hello to this mouthwatering Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken! This recipe is a celebration of vibrant citrusy notes combined with savory garlic and aromatic herbs, resulting in a dish that's both refreshing and comforting. With its golden, crispy skin and juicy, tender meat, this roasted chicken is sure to impress even the pickiest eaters.

Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken.jpeg

Ingredients:
  • 1 whole chicken (about 3-4 lbs)
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • Zest of 1 lemon
  • Juice of 2 lemons
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • Salt and black pepper, to taste
  • Fresh parsley, for garnish
  • Lemon slices, for serving
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and place a rack in the center position.
  2. Rinse the chicken under cold water and pat it dry with paper towels. Place the chicken on a cutting board, breast side up.
  3. In a small bowl, combine the minced garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, dried thyme, dried rosemary, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to form a paste.
  4. Using your hands or a brush, rub the lemon garlic paste all over the chicken, making sure to coat it evenly, including under the skin.
  5. If desired, tie the chicken legs together with kitchen twine to help the chicken cook more evenly.
  6. Place the seasoned chicken on a roasting pan or baking dish, breast side up. Transfer it to the preheated oven and roast for about 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the skin is golden brown and crispy, and the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C) in the thickest part of the thigh.
  7. Once the chicken is done, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before carving. This allows the juices to redistribute and ensures moist, flavorful meat.
  8. Garnish the roasted chicken with fresh parsley and lemon slices for a pop of color and extra citrusy flavor. Slice and serve the chicken alongside your favorite sides, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a crisp green salad.
  9. Dive into this succulent Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken and savor the perfect balance of zesty lemon and aromatic garlic in every bite. It's a dish that's sure to brighten up any mealtime and leave your taste buds craving more!
I have added a personal touch to this recipe, but it still requires a simple preparation for sure you can try! I hope y'all will like it! ☺️

Wow, this Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken sounds absolutely delightful! Just reading the recipe, I can practically smell the fragrant herbs and citrusy aroma. I'm definitely adding this to my must-try list for dinner options! ✅:love:

OMG! I can almost taste the zesty lemon and aromatic herbs just by reading the ingredients. I'm curious, have you ever tried adding any additional herbs or spices to elevate the flavors even more?:unsure:

Back